3rd Headliner?

Guest JJOKOCHA

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are talking about bands such as Bloc Party, Mumford and Florence for 3rd headliners then surely QOTSA have to come into the reckoning? They have subbed many times and played an amazing set at Glastonbury last year on the Other Stage in front of a very decent sized crowd with Beyonce playing the Pyramid, also they have a new album coming out, I know most people would put them under Foo Fighters but for me they are just as big as the 3 bands mentioned above?

If we are talking about bands such as Bloc Party, Mumford and Florence for 3rd headliners then surely QOTSA have to come into the reckoning? They have subbed many times and played an amazing set at Glastonbury last year on the Other Stage in front of a very decent sized crowd with Beyonce playing the Pyramid, also they have a new album coming out, I know most people would put them under Foo Fighters but for me they are just as big as the 3 bands mentioned above?

What's the relationship between Sonisphere and other festivals? Are they all about the exclusives? I know Reading and Leeds are determined to have exclusives .. but how about Queen and Adam Lambert? I imagine not if they are doing Sonisphere. But we seem to be running low on options.

Surely if Flo headlines then there will be similar debates about Reading not being as good as T like last year. MCR and Strokes headlined Reading while not even subbing T last year, and Florence isn't headlining T this year but is playing. I know people will say she's an English exclusive if she does headline but surely it would look like a very weak booking when comparing Reading to T?!?! Think she'd be a good sub, but I'd much prefer Bloc Party to headline over her. And if I'm being honest it's not as if Reading's got two uber expensive other headliners is it, so the thought of booking Flo cos she's cheap doesn't seem to be that logical as I don't think Kasabian would be THAT expensive. If she plays Melvin must have a fantastic undercard or the festivals budget has been cut severely!

Edited by mb23

Surely if Flo headlines then there will be similar debates about Reading not being as good as T like last year. MCR and Strokes headlined Reading while not even subbing T last year, and Florence isn't headlining T this year but is playing. I know people will say she's an English exclusive if she does headline but surely it would look like a very weak booking when comparing Reading to T?!?! Think she'd be a good sub, but I'd much prefer Bloc Party to headline over her.

And if I'm being honest it's not as if Reading's got two uber expensive other headliners is it, so the thought of booking Flo cos she's cheap doesn't seem to be that logical as I don't think Kasabian would be THAT expensive. If she plays Melvin must have a fantastic undercard or the festivals budget has been cut severely!

just a massive stab in the dark. (might as well as no one seems to have anything)

Iron Maiden?

Eminem?

Rage Against the machine- a 4 year gaps pretty big and probably still in high demand

Though sadly i'm thinking bloc party, although no doubt they'd play well and it would be a good gig i can't see it being a massive ticket pull which R/L i really think needs

Also quick question. Has Any festival sold out?

just a massive stab in the dark. (might as well as no one seems to have anything)

Iron Maiden?

Eminem?

Rage Against the machine- a 4 year gaps pretty big and probably still in high demand

Though sadly i'm thinking bloc party, although no doubt they'd play well and it would be a good gig i can't see it being a massive ticket pull which R/L i really think needs

Also quick question. Has Any festival sold out?

Are SOAD out of the question now? Heard a few people mention them the other week but nothing has been said about them since. Could pull a decent sized crowd at R/L and have only played one UK show since the reformed!

Also, scars on broadway are releasing a new album this summer so if SOAD do headline, could we expect a slot lower down on the same day to be filled by them?!? Special Guests?!? Something to think about.

Are SOAD out of the question now? Heard a few people mention them the other week but nothing has been said about them since. Could pull a decent sized crowd at R/L and have only played one UK show since the reformed!

Also, scars on broadway are releasing a new album this summer so if SOAD do headline, could we expect a slot lower down on the same day to be filled by them?!? Special Guests?!? Something to think about.