3rd Headliner?

Guest JJOKOCHA

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke about this in V forum but it could be Mumford & Sons. Neil said they aren't co-headlining with The Killers.

As much as people hate them, their debut sold absolutely fuck loads, and Im sure if a festival had to choose who to book as headliner between Mumford or Bloc Party, it would be Mumford. They're just more current, and a lot of people won't have seen them live yet, making them a big draw

Just spoke about this in V forum but it could be Mumford & Sons. Neil said they aren't co-headlining with The Killers.

As much as people hate them, their debut sold absolutely fuck loads, and Im sure if a festival had to choose who to book as headliner between Mumford or Bloc Party, it would be Mumford. They're just more current, and a lot of people won't have seen them live yet, making them a big draw

Big statement on Mumford and Sons headlining, although i cannot see it and i think we would probably see them headline something like the Isle of Wight Festival before any other of the big wig fests, its an interesting option.

Green Day are the obvious first choice for me, Linkin Park are not far behind though. Both would be amazing to see so i wouldnt be fussed on either.

Slipknot and Rammstein are the most unlikely as i couldnt see them billing a metal headliner, although it would go toward the ultimate headliners tag, which is IMO (Metal, Rock, Indie) for R&L anyway.

Who knows though, will be very interesting come March 12th, hoping not to find out before then, makes this so much more interesting.

suggestion of mumford and sons headlining is about the same as saying kasabian would headline titp a week ago. Its not an ideal booking but the promoters would book them if they can't get anyone better, which IMO is the case with kasabian and titp.

Agreed and Kasabian might not be quite the quality of T in the park headliners in the past (i personally rate them) but they are one of the highlights on this years weak bill and we need to get behind rock damn it otherwise Katy Perry and other such people will headline festivals and I don't want to be alive in a time where that happens.

Agreed and Kasabian might not be quite the quality of T in the park headliners in the past (i personally rate them) but they are one of the highlights on this years weak bill and we need to get behind rock damn it otherwise Katy Perry and other such people will headline festivals and I don't want to be alive in a time where that happens.

Kasabian are far from a weak booking. If you have seen them live they sold out the O2 for 3 nights and played to 60,000 people. Iv Seen Kings Of Leon and The Rolling Stones their and Kasabian filled the void of the O2 more than the other two.

If you dont like them fair enough. But they are not a weak booking

Im just going to go back to Mumford and Sons here. Yes they're headlining Rockness. Erm who headlined last year? Kasabian.

Im not even a Mumford fan but lets face some facts here.

Brit Awards album of the year 2011.

9th highest selling album in the UK in 2011.

3rd highest selling album via download in the US in 2011

Sold over a million copies of their debut

Mumford could headline. Im just saying people are mentioning Bloc Party, but at the moment Mumford are the MUCH bigger act.

They're bigger than Razorlight were when they headlined, they're bigger than Franz Ferdinand were when they headlined.

Im not saying its gunna happen, im just saying they could be in the running. I can't believe Black Keys are on everyones predictions as sub, but the notion Mumford headlining is so crazy.