What's Next?

Guest AR93

The official forums have been getting quieter over the years, I blame facebook, most people just use the facebook pages to chat/vent anger/whatever these days. But yeah they need to get a move on with the next announcement, it's been 3 weeks now! With bands starting to leak they must have some stuff in the works for soonish.

There's a bunch of bands playing Dour festival the weekend after Sonisphere in Belgium that are likely I reckon. The Computers, Cerebral Ballzy, Atari Teenage Riot, Meshuggah, Suicidal Tendencies, Suicide Silence, as well as Baroness and Red Fang who are at Roskilde in Denmark (same weekend as Soni). Most/all of these are likely for the tents though, no idea on bigger bands

Ruisrock which is the same weekend as Soni has Children of Bodom and Explosions in the Sky. Both perhaps possible, don't really like CoB though and heard they were pants at DL last year.

Rancid's EU tour dates start on July 19th in Austria, so guess they could be in for a shout, as so far their only UK date is Rebellion fest in Blackpool which I doubt is exclusive. Though I guess they could be at Reading headlining Lock-Up, although I know in the past Mike Davies has said he couldn't get them for lock up as he doesn't have the budget for them.

Edited by kipper64

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah gutted! Hope it isn't the case, because I was genuinely looking forwards to the line up. Guess we'll find out tomorrow :(

If this does happen to be the case here's hoping some of the bands still make it over, even for their own gigs. A FNM/Refused/Glassjaw gig would be the best thing ever!

I'd thought it would happen for a while but didn't put anything as I didn't want to sound like a troll. But when the first announcement was released it really divided the community and the 2 halves weren't that equal. There were people raving about the line up but not many.

A shame if it is cancelled but unfortunately not a surprise to me.

I would have thought so, guess it'd just depend on how strong a bill they think they have - and if they manage to do it in better time next year? Considering bands just got added to Soni Spain, I imagine most of the already announced Sonispheres are still going ahead too, so it's possibly just the UK one if it's true and not the entire tour...here's hoping it isn't true though!