Bestival 2012 - Non Headliners

Guest zeppelin

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be incredible. But are they still performing? They seemed to have dissappeared from view for the last couple of years... Another thought. Radiohead are touring, and have announced festival dates everywhere but the UK. Given the recent tour announcement, could they be waiting for the UK tour to sell out (although I guess the tour would sell out irrespective of the festival)?

See, I used to quite like Ocean Colour Scene. They take me back to being 13/14 watching TFI Friday, getting pissed on white lightning in parks and then waking up to The Big Breakfast. I only like about two or three of their songs, like, but if I decide to lift my embargo on alcohol, have a pint and hang about on Sunday afternoon watching some Britpop band in the sunshine, I wouldn't mind them. Same if it were a band like Cast or Dodgy.

See, I used to quite like Ocean Colour Scene. They take me back to being 13/14 watching TFI Friday, getting pissed on white lightning in parks and then waking up to The Big Breakfast. I only like about two or three of their songs, like, but if I decide to lift my embargo on alcohol, have a pint and hang about on Sunday afternoon watching some Britpop band in the sunshine, I wouldn't mind them. Same if it were a band like Cast or Dodgy.

No it's just a brief summary of the sort of weekends I used to have in the summer holidays in 1997/98/99. more often than not the soundtrack to those summer holidays featured Britpop bands. It's dusty nostalgia, of course, but I had some great times listening to those sort of bands, and don't stroke my chin looking back. Good memories are good memories.

Okay, just to clarify, you haven't got any videos of classic episodes of the The Big Breakfast that I can borrow then? (Oh, and I'll need a video recorder to watch them on too. Mine's in a loft in Bristol but I might be able to retrieve it in the next few weeks if that helps.)