Announcement before Wednesday 25th January

Guest dip

I don't like Queen with Adam Lambert as a headliner, but don't really get all those negative comments about this dude. He's got a voice, he can sing, remaining members of Queen chose him, that's all right with me. No one can sing like Freddie, but if May and Taylor think he's ok, let him do the job. Yes, he was in American Idol but it's a completely different thing to UK x factor. Another level.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Queen with Adam Lambert as a headliner, but don't really get all those negative comments about this dude. He's got a voice, he can sing, remaining members of Queen chose him, that's all right with me. No one can sing like Freddie, but if May and Taylor think he's ok, let him do the job. Yes, he was in American Idol but it's a completely different thing to UK x factor. Another level.

I've had yet another nod towards FNM and Adam Lambert supported by Queen (!) today ... so i think they are both extremely likely to play presumably headlining Fri and Sat .

However no consistency from my contacts re: Sundays headliner . Rumours include aerosmith, smashing pumpkins, GnR , Kiss, Van Halen or maybe even bon jovi (find that hard to believe!)

So looks like its anyone's guess ....... Im just hoping for a strong and varied undercard hopefully including Korn, Alice in chains, skindred , rival sons, bfmv, black stone cherry, periphery and cancer bats .

Thrash hits non-american reformed bands were just undercard though, could play anywhere on the bill and could be announced at any time. Still I don't think the Leak was true, a very well done ploy with some great educated guessing, but As I lay dying are at Mayhem, so won't be at Soni, and I can't see Green Day playing (as much as I'd love it). Think some of them might have been true - so the person might have known some stuff, and then just made up some others to fill in the gaps.

Also @AR34, the "Original" GNR line up doesn't have slash in it ;) Though I'm 100% certain Slash will be at Sonisphere this year, from what I've heard, so hey maybe we'll at least have your vision of GNR for a few songs.

Edited by kipper64

So they can just drop out, last minute D: ?

They aren't touring this summer, in fact Perry said last year he wanted to keep the tour going through all of 2011 to keep Chris away from Queen, but they can have him when they're done, and he'd welcome them to headline Lollapalooza too :P

Fair enough! I'd love Jane's to play one year, to be honest everyone thought they'd play 2009 seeing as they were doing all the eu fests with NIN, but they chose a AUS tour over Soni...which they eventually cancelled too... Seems an odd choice of bassist by them if it is him, didn't think Brian May and Roger Taylor were big Jane's addiction fans, good choice mind :P

True enough. Main reason I bought a ticket and didn't go to Download to see FNM to be honest (who I caught later in the year anyways :D )!

Most people seemed to not like NIN though, odd setlist, but I loved it, some stuff they played I never thought I'd hear them play live, especially at a festival...definitely wasn't a setlist for the metallica fan's though who were waiting...well maybe besides wish :P

True enough. Main reason I bought a ticket and didn't go to Download to see FNM to be honest (who I caught later in the year anyways :D )!

Most people seemed to not like NIN though, odd setlist, but I loved it, some stuff they played I never thought I'd hear them play live, especially at a festival...definitely wasn't a setlist for the metallica fan's though who were waiting...well maybe besides wish :P