Stone Roses Ticket Links

Guest wilko8

Got coach return from Edinburgh for the Friday! I'm happy. Although slightly annoyed I'll miss the post celebrations, it's probably safer to have guaranteed travel!

Ironically I got called about a job in MANCHESTER right after I got my tickets... Interview next Thursday... sigh haha

Surprised how easy it was to get tickets for us.

Got Friday tickets, we went thinking will be less demand than Saturday.

Think our group got 20tickets all in. Just waiting now for confirmation emails across the board before we work out how many spares we have, that can give to other mates who failed.

Edit- Sorry started typing that a while back and hadn't posted and been a few posts since.

I used Seetickets and seemed to work best, in fact it's always Seetickets that works best for me.

Edited by 1mills

Once again See access seems to favour 3G . . . But I hastily abandon such heresy ;)

yet at the same time he wasn't getting thru on his browser, others were - and as I succeeded getting thru with a standard net connection, I could say the same thing, that it was favouring standard access. ;)

Such anecdotal stories prove absolutely nothing. And yet the anecdotal stories of Glastonbury tickets said that proportionally as many failed on their phones as they did with their standard browsers.

And other anecdotal Glastonbury stories have some people failing every year to get tickets by any method, while others have easy success (and of course in the middle are a hugely greater number of those who've got lucky some years but not others).

The one fact that is true that can be chucked in here is that humans have extreme difficulty believing that randomness is just randomness and nothing else - and unlike the anecdotal idea that phones get thru easier there's shit loads of research which proves that true.

I couldn't get nowhere near using 3g! Using my browser on the laptop i'm probably still in the feckin' queue on Ticketmaster and Ticketline crashed before the sale had started and stayed crashed until tickets went onsale for the Sunday. I managed to get tickets via See and my receipt says 9.46am so I figure it was some of the last tickets. Once I got a booking page through See, I got a booking page through gigsandtours - same server?

Sunday tickets seemed loads easier to get - possibly because i'd already gotten through for Friday? I ended up going back in a couple of times to get tickets for friends who hadn't managed to get any for Friday and Saturday

I couldn't get nowhere near using 3g! Using my browser on the laptop i'm probably still in the feckin' queue on Ticketmaster and Ticketline crashed before the sale had started and stayed crashed until tickets went onsale for the Sunday. I managed to get tickets via See and my receipt says 9.46am so I figure it was some of the last tickets. Once I got a booking page through See, I got a booking page through gigsandtours - same server?

I'm not sure if they're run from the same server or not, but gigsandtours is the ticketing front end of SJM, who are the promoters of the Roses tour, but run for them by See.

So things might have been set-up with the tickets for them all to be sold via the gigsandtours front-end, with the See front end merely channelling buyers into the gigsandtours front end.

yet at the same time he wasn't getting thru on his browser, others were - and as I succeeded getting thru with a standard net connection, I could say the same thing, that it was favouring standard access. ;)

Such anecdotal stories prove absolutely nothing. And yet the anecdotal stories of Glastonbury tickets said that proportionally as many failed on their phones as they did with their standard browsers.

And other anecdotal Glastonbury stories have some people failing every year to get tickets by any method, while others have easy success (and of course in the middle are a hugely greater number of those who've got lucky some years but not others).

The one fact that is true that can be chucked in here is that humans have extreme difficulty believing that randomness is just randomness and nothing else - and unlike the anecdotal idea that phones get thru easier there's shit loads of research which proves that true.

I do remember someone posting during Glasto ticket day though that they could get through again and again over their 3G, but brick wall as soon as they went over their DSL.

It's randomness, and coincidence.

Along the same lines, the guy who put thru the transaction for my tickets this time last year could get the buying page again and again and again in his standard web-browser, while for the very first time I didn't get a sniff of the page myself using either my phone or standard browser.

What is certain however I think is that users of eFests definately seem to have little trouble in getting Glasto tickets year upon year. There seemed very few of the 'regulars' on here that were disappointed this year. Knowledge is king.

I think the demand for tickets is far lower than some people would like us to believe. I don't think people from here are particularly having more luck than people from elsewhere - I think it comes down to the determination of the buyer and little else: the more you try the more likely you are to succeed. The loudest moaners seem to be the types who simply expect to log on and have the buying page presented to them first time.

It's randomness, and coincidence.

Along the same lines, the guy who put thru the transaction for my tickets this time last year could get the buying page again and again and again in his standard web-browser, while for the very first time I didn't get a sniff of the page myself using either my phone or standard browser.

I think the demand for tickets is far lower than some people would like us to believe. I don't think people from here are particularly having more luck than people from elsewhere - I think it comes down to the determination of the buyer and little else: the more you try the more likely you are to succeed. The loudest moaners seem to be the types who simply expect to log on and have the buying page presented to them first time.

That's the curious thing though isn't it - one path gets the page over and over again, the other method - hardly a sniff of a session. Doesn't sound very random to me - if that was one of our company websites, they'd have me investigating that.

It's got to be remembered that what's happening is happening at extreme load - and in abnormal times you can't necessarily expect normal behaviour.

That aside, my uninformed guess is that it's down to something about the webserver used, which for See I think is IIS. And my further guess is that it's somehow giving priority to those people who have already established a session above those who have yet to establish a session. But those are guesses, and they might be wrong.

That aside, my uninformed guess is that it's down to something about the webserver used, which for See I think is IIS. And my further guess is that it's somehow giving priority to those people who have already established a session above those who have yet to establish a session. But those are guesses, and they might be wrong.

"That aside, my uninformed guess is that it's down to something about the webserver used, which for See I think is IIS. And my further guess is that it's somehow giving priority to those people who have already established a session above those who have yet to establish a session. But those are guesses, and they might be wrong."

Quite possibly Http keep alives setting maybe - in IIS 6.0 for example Http Keep-Alives are enabled by default, IIS will hold an inactive connection open for as long as the ConnectionTimeout value, which by default is 120 seconds. Or perhaps ASP session timeout value changed from default of 20 mins to something higher so as not to upset too many people waiting for their details / ticket orders to be processed and the result returned.