US Presidential elections 2012

Guest pink_triangle

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an interest in politics but not a great knowledge but until his gaffe over the aeroplane windows I thought Romney wasn't actually that bad for a Republican.Seemed to me that on personal issues his views were quite liberal but he was catering to the right to appease his party but since the aeroplane debacle I have lost all faith.Not that I ever wanted him to win but you know?But how can you have someone as dense as him 'running the free world'?Don't want another Bush

I watched about half hour and he just didn't look arsed. Most of what Mitt was saying was stretching the truth a bit mind.

I particularly liked the bit where he said he wouldn't give tax rises to the rich and would help the middle - the exact opposite of what every Republican president has done for the last 30 years.

I wonder why he forgot to include the bit about "the other 47% can fuck right off".

Edited by eFestivals

Can't believe Obama didn't mention the 47% gaffe once.

Think Obama may have underestimated Mittens, who was more prepared, more lively and generally more on the ball. Obama looked like shit and seemed really tired. He fluffed a lot of his points too. Romney had definitely been doing more homework and practice.

Expect a different Obama in round 2.

Obama didn't bring that up either I hear?

It's too easy a target, it wouldn't make him look presidential.

Everyone knows about it, and those who are deeply offended by it don't need reminding of it.

While against that there's always plenty of people who like to think that it's everyone else that's the problem and not anything they're doing - as gets demonstrated particularly strongly when in a recession.

So it's actually a risky thing to keep bringing up and rubbing in people's faces. It would be like the Labour Party standing up now and saying "there's nothing wrong with the benefits system" - which would be political suicide. There's always too many people too quick to jump to the right if they feel all their problems are caused by the laziness of others.

Can't believe Obama didn't mention the 47% gaffe once.

Think Obama may have underestimated Mittens, who was more prepared, more lively and generally more on the ball. Obama looked like shit and seemed really tired. He fluffed a lot of his points too. Romney had definitely been doing more homework and practice.

Expect a different Obama in round 2.

it was far too dour to be anything but a plan I reckon.

Obama was even setting Romney up with lines to attack him with - like the one about "I'd always said I wouldn't be a perfect president", which looked like an open goal for Romney if he'd have kicked the ball at that moment.

Somewhere along the line there's going to be a "he can make all the promises he likes, but what is he really going to deliver?" come-back by Obama.

it was far too dour to be anything but a plan I reckon.

Obama was even setting Romney up with lines to attack him with - like the one about "I'd always said I wouldn't be a perfect president", which looked like an open goal for Romney if he'd have kicked the ball at that moment.

Somewhere along the line there's going to be a "he can make all the promises he likes, but what is he really going to deliver?" come-back by Obama.