The Talk About Whatever You Like Forum Until We Know Who Is Playing At No Direction Home

Guest GeordieMartin

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good spot Charver. It does indeed flatly contradict the NDH website's statement that they don't do day tickets, especially as the Hawley ticket sales appear to be run by NDH! Quite a bargain at £35 for the day.

I'm guessing it may be a sign that weekend ticket sales are, um, challenging?

Mind you, it does say that NDH is in Macclesfield, so maybe we've stumbled into a parallel universe...

How can you speculate if its going to sell out or not when no one knows the capacity?

And no its not a parallel universe its just that the car park is in Macclesfield and its a very long path.....

Edited by perfectpassion

Everything I read about NDH and EOTR makes me more and more glad that my gut instinct was to not buy earlybird tickets this year. Everything about both festivals so far has been underwhelming, but if they're having to resort to selling day tickets now then that totally blows apart the ethos of the festivals.

It's ok though, now Grandaddy have announced more dates I can rest assured I can see them somewhere else even if it's not in one of my favourite places. EOTR is definitely not happening for me this year.

Oh I don't disagree that there are a lot of great bands playing and if I hadn't seen at more than half of them at EOTR over them last few years then I'd probably be excited too. But so many of the bands on the lineup have played multiple times that I just can't get excited about them. The only bands I'm vaguely interested in don't in any way justify £150 of my money. Grandaddy was the only band announcement that made me reconsider and then I realised they'd be playing on the Woods stage and it put me right off. I'm all for big bands, but having now listened to all the bands announced so far it's missing a lot of the amazing new discoveries I used to get excited about. And as for NDH, I'm not surprised they've resorted to selling day tickets with that lineup.

I know all festivals change eventually, I just find it sad that EOTR has become something that the people running it always promised it wouldn't. I remember a quote from either Simon or Sofia a long way back (way back in the days when they used to communicate regularly with the people posting here and listen to suggestions and concerns) where they said the capacity would only be increased if it meant being able to get Tom Waits to play...well I haven't seen Tom Waits on the lineup yet it's doubled in size over the past few years. Sad really, because now it's just another festival, not special like it once was.

Oh I don't disagree that there are a lot of great bands playing and if I hadn't seen at more than half of them at EOTR over them last few years then I'd probably be excited too. But so many of the bands on the lineup have played multiple times that I just can't get excited about them. The only bands I'm vaguely interested in don't in any way justify £150 of my money. Grandaddy was the only band announcement that made me reconsider and then I realised they'd be playing on the Woods stage and it put me right off. I'm all for big bands, but having now listened to all the bands announced so far it's missing a lot of the amazing new discoveries I used to get excited about. And as for NDH, I'm not surprised they've resorted to selling day tickets with that lineup.

I know all festivals change eventually, I just find it sad that EOTR has become something that the people running it always promised it wouldn't. I remember a quote from either Simon or Sofia a long way back (way back in the days when they used to communicate regularly with the people posting here and listen to suggestions and concerns) where they said the capacity would only be increased if it meant being able to get Tom Waits to play...well I haven't seen Tom Waits on the lineup yet it's doubled in size over the past few years. Sad really, because now it's just another festival, not special like it once was.

At NDH for £105 there are 30 bands I'm keen to see and cheese and ale tasting!

EOTR has about the same number, many of them completely new to me and others I'd happily see over and over. I didn't like the Woods stage much but it wasn't so bad and I went to it about as much as I used to go to the Local.

Hope NDH isn't suffering too much by being in the exam time. I have a youth ticket for sale as my son has a GCSE paper at 9 on the Monday. He'll be looked after by Granny for the weekend but if I'd realised earlier we would probably not be going.

I could swear I saw somewhere that the capacity at NDH is 2500. Which sounds great to me, nice and intimate and some good bands.

From my point of view I got the joint earlybird, so NDH is something like £60 of that - a bargain. As for EoTR - a bit of a familiar lineup, but lots of good stuff there, and I didn't see some of the bands last time (John Grant, Deer Tick) or I've only seen them once (Beach House, Midlake) so I'm happy to see them again. Doesn't look like the best ever EoTR lineup, but it'll be good :)

Only 2500 and they haven't even sold those tickets?

I just looked Richard Hawley's website thinking it was probably a mistake but no, you really can buy a sunday day ticket. And that's despite the NDH website still saying no day tickets because it spoils the atmosphere when people only show up for a day. What a joke. I can understand needing to sell tickets to make the festival happen but what happened to honesty and just telling people there are day tickets available if that's the case? The thing I used to like most about the EOTR team was their communication and seeming care about their customers, but now they really seem to have lost their way :(

Without wanting to overstep my bounds, my understanding is that the capacity is bigger, although not radically, than that and it'd already be a sell out by now if it was. There's a 'kids ticket nearly sold out' warning posted in the forum, perhaps too much is being read into the availability of the day only ticket on Richard Hawley's site (perhaps responding to a specific request from his 'people'?)

BTW hello everyone, glad to be involved with this festival, and see you all in June.

Recycling Crew Volunteers - http://nodirectionhomefestival.com/information/recycling-crew-application/

Wolfamongwolves...no need to aplologise i was only jesting..... ljsawyer yes I remember it was your AS last year, so good luck in advance for this May/June.....

and Seadragon, even if you aren't coming don't stop posting on here I still enjoy your musical opinions and I dont want to be left alone with all these anoraks ;)

Only 2500 and they haven't even sold those tickets?

I just looked Richard Hawley's website thinking it was probably a mistake but no, you really can buy a sunday day ticket. And that's despite the NDH website still saying no day tickets because it spoils the atmosphere when people only show up for a day. What a joke. I can understand needing to sell tickets to make the festival happen but what happened to honesty and just telling people there are day tickets available if that's the case? The thing I used to like most about the EOTR team was their communication and seeming care about their customers, but now they really seem to have lost their way :(

So I presume that any of the bands playing can also request day tickets for their fan clubs? Now that's a new one! Still kind of goes against what you say on your website though doesn't it? Either there are day tickets available or there aren't...

I'm not sure how I would feel about that if I had bought NDH tickets, which I havent. I would quite like a day ticket though if I wasn't busy, and have some friends from Sheffield who will probably go just to see HRH.

As for the day tickets being for "his people" that made me smile. Expect coach loads of rampant Hawley fans to be camped down the front of the main stage :)