• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• kaosmark2

• strummer77

Lescott nearly cost City the title with that mistake against QPR. They need someone better than him to partner Kompany in the Champs Lge. He should be 1st reserve centre-back that still gets a load of games from rotation/injury/suspension.

Barry's very very average. If he were truly good Yaya would be able to be focusing on his attacking play instead of wasting his talent working as another defensive mid half the time. It took De Jong coming on to free Yaya up from competing against our pressing game to beat us. A better DM wouldn't require that assistance against a team like Newcastle.

Milner's a good squad player and is used as such. He does whatever job's asked of him and does it reasonably. He's got about the right amount of game-time in a title-winning team compared to his talent IMO.

And you've missed out Micah Richards! (And Bridge and Hargreaves).

Eh, Adam Johnson's done better than Downing this season, in fewer games. Not saying much though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18069127

On another note as a welsh fan I am ecstatic about us, scotland and ireland going for the euro 2020 hosts. However even thought they are increasing the teams qualifying by 8, 3 hosts does seem a bit ridculous. What happens if all the ex soviet union nations go for joint hosting the rest would qualify for 1 or 2 places!

So while I hope it happens for selfish reasons, in principle I am against. To me joint host allows a smaller nation who couldnt host alone join with someone else to make it viable, 3 hosts is taking the piss though.

I was comparing Lescott with his rivals in the national team who have all made big mistakes in big games as well. While Lescott made a big error against QPR he perfomed well against Man U and Newcastle to put city in with a chance. I agree they need another centre back for competition though.

Agree Barry and Milner are average but again if we are looking at the national team they have been as good as the rest in the last couple of years. Man Utd have had loads of average players win multi premiership medals they are important members of a league winning squad.

I didnt forget Bridge or hargreaves but didnt think they were in the 25 man squad also hargreaves may have been. As for Richards he is again a decent squad player and as good a right back as anyone in the england squad. I think its important that man city keep a good english contingent even as backup and if they cant get rooney and ashley cole, the players they have are as good as there is now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18069127

On another note as a welsh fan I am ecstatic about us, scotland and ireland going for the euro 2020 hosts. However even thought they are increasing the teams qualifying by 8, 3 hosts does seem a bit ridculous. What happens if all the ex soviet union nations go for joint hosting the rest would qualify for 1 or 2 places!

So while I hope it happens for selfish reasons, in principle I am against. To me joint host allows a smaller nation who couldnt host alone join with someone else to make it viable, 3 hosts is taking the piss though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18069127

I just couldnt see man cityg going down the arsenal route, manchester city fan and arsenal are very different as is manchester and london. Man City may not have the best english players now but you can be sure they will be front of the queue for the best ones in the future.

I agree, I think 3 is excessive. I'm not sure a pairing of just two of them have quite got the stadiums to pull it off though. Maybe Scotland and Ireland could do it. But I don't think RoI and Wales, or Scotland + Wales could.

Beyond the Millenium, Cardiff stadium and the Liberty, where else in Wales would they play?

Edited by pink_triangle

3 stadiums (possibly 2) would probably be enough if 3 are hosting. Wrexhams is next biggest and thats only about 10k now, it has an international license but thats surely you need a 20k stadium at the very least and theres on way our stadium could be expanded to that, even if it could small teams playing in big stadiums kills atmosphere as anyone who has been to darlington will telI you. Wonder where the final would take place? That could cause a few arguements.

So Hodgson's made his first big decision with regards to the squad. Leave Rio, take Terry.

If its to make way for fresh blood then good move. If its to keep the two of them apart then it should have been the opposite way round.

So Hodgson's made his first big decision with regards to the squad. Leave Rio, take Terry.

If its to make way for fresh blood then good move. If its to keep the two of them apart then it should have been the opposite way round.

He won't take Simpson... will he?

It is weird, especially as Roy didn't really get on with Johnson at Liverpool in terms of playing style. Nobody should worry about Glen at RB though, because he's fantastic in reality. I think he's great, just strange we haven't taken the tank that is Micah Richards as back-up.

Guess Neville might have had some say though. He was a right back after all.

LIverpool wonderful club, wonderful tradition but not a cl club and with the squad they have not likely to either.

I see that quite differently.

I'm not saying they're a shoe-in for a CL place, but I definitely don't see it as beyond them. The results were (overall) poor thru the season, but it would have only taken them to have converted the average rate from the chances they made for things to look wildly different.

I reckon it's pretty likely that they won't have such a poor conversion rate over another season, so as long as they're able to make a similar number of chances (not guaranteed, I know) then things swing around a fair bit.

They're of course a huge amount off winning the league, but with Fulham in 9th being closer to 3rd than 3rd is to 1st, that's the same for a big number of clubs who aren't having the spotlight shone on them in anything like the same way.