2012 headliners

Guest 2rare2die

2012 Headliners  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who do people want as the headliners for next years festival?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

If you would like RHCP to ever play R+L again then i'm afraid that you shall never be right my friend, but if you think that the list is crap then you have options wink.gif. Personally i don't think Coldplay will ever play, nor am i that bothered about them, but they had been mentioned a few times so i put them in. I also put Metallica in there because if the big 4 played, they would headline. As for Aerosmith, i've seen them live and they were a hell of a lot better received than RHCP, but i guess it is a matter of taste. I did originally have RHCP, Biffy and Slipknot (who i would love) in there but ran out of room and felt they were less likely to receive votes so took them out, hence the 'other' option. Hope this clears things up for you smile.gif

It has more chance of playing than RHCP. It's who realistically you want to play.

Personally I want The Wurzels, and a combination of Chas And Dave, Ethel from Eastenders, the bassist from The Delays and one of the Klaxons to headline on two of the days, but it's not going to happen is it? Probably more realistic than Chilis.

Biffy won't play, let alone headline, because they're there all the time, and the Big 4 will probably not play a British festival together again for a long time.

:lol:

so im wrong if i want a band to play but im ok to think your list is correctly crap when bith are subjective :lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::lol:

so you admit you removed good bands in your list and put crad in your list because they are less likely to play than them yep really cleared things up :lol::rolleyes::lol:

Wouldn't want a metal band headlining to be honest, not been into metal since I was about 12. So no system of a down, I think metallica would be stretching it, only if they played their really old stuff.

Ideal for me?

Friday - The Cure. MGMT subheadlining.

Saturday - Sum 41. Dizzee Rascal subheadlining.

Sunday - The Who. Magic numbers subheadlining.

Ideally with a mid day cypress hill set somewhere on the sunday for mid afternoon blaze, get me in the mood for that shit.

Edited by Mega Ross

Wouldn't want a metal band headlining to be honest, not been into metal since I was about 12. So no system of a down, I think metallica would be stretching it, only if they played their really old stuff.

Ideal for me?

Ideally with a mid day cypress hill set somewhere on the sunday for mid afternoon blaze, get me in the mood for that shit.

Ideal for me?

Edited by dirtymookie

I voted Bloc Party, ACDC and Kanye West. Out of all of those I'd like Kanye West the most, not sure how fan reception would be for that, but when he played on the night there wouldn't be anybody at that show who wasn't amazed.

I could also get behind R.E.M., Suede, Primal Scream, Placebo, Morrisey (as long as he doesn't ban meat), RHCP, Pixies, AFI, Prince or The Specials.

They were a big band back in the day, they're f**king awesome live and would do a headliner spot justice.

I mean come on they were bigger and better than MCR and if they're allowed to headline then why Sum41?

I don't get this, MGMT and Magic numbers, both excellent bands.

I think it was the second or third time I saw The Who live, Magic Numbers supported. Absolutely excellent.

I'm not into a lot of new music unless we're talking dubstep and the odd bit of ska. The majority of my musical taste is bands who were big back in the day, mainly because I don't like metal any more and the majority of other stuff is dull and been done a million times. And for me the lineup isn't all big bands, it's well matched pairs and 3 varying days.

I'm slightly disgusted at some of the spots awarded this year, having offspring third down from MCR is like a great big "f**k YOU" to anyone with half decent musical taste.

Sum41 has been going much longer and people still listen to their songs, that to me is a sign of a bands size and power. Not to mention they are totally bitching live.

Sum41 have sold over 10 million records, MCR under 4 million.

I know plenty of people who still listen to Sum41, 15 years old now and still going. Can you really see people listening to MCR in 15 years time, if they are even still together? I sure as shit can't, latest album as a total fail.

By all Rights Offspring with their 25 million plus record sales should be more worthy of headlining this year by your logic.

I think people will just outgrow the pretentious twat who seems to be crying over nothing, look back and realise how awful that music was.

Sum41 has been going much longer and people still listen to their songs, that to me is a sign of a bands size and power. Not to mention they are totally bitching live.

Sum41 have sold over 10 million records, MCR under 4 million.

I know plenty of people who still listen to Sum41, 15 years old now and still going. Can you really see people listening to MCR in 15 years time, if they are even still together? I sure as shit can't, latest album as a total fail.

By all Rights Offspring with their 25 million plus record sales should be more worthy of headlining this year by your logic.

I think people will just outgrow the pretentious twat who seems to be crying over nothing, look back and realise how awful that music was.