What are you listening to?

Guest Festi_Lizard

Just wondering what everyone's listening to at the moment and over the coming weeks to the big date :)

Today's mellow Sunday tunes have taken the form of an Elbow afternoon, more precisely Leaders of the Free World followed by the chilledness that is Cast of Thousands.

The butterflies are now fluttering round my stomach in sheer excitement at the thought of being there!!

I am now dreaming, talking, listening and drinking Glasto (well... it's Devonshire cider!). I am VERY excited :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now? At this very moment? Pearl Jam, backspacer.

Recent days I've checked out Plan B (seemed ok, but not really for me), the naked and the famous (bit bland,but enjoyable, my son is raving about them) and listened to alot of my more regular stuff (prodigy, elbow, PJ, RATM, lisa hannigan are favourites in recent weeks)

I'm lucky enough to be stuck at home on the sofa sick atm, so I am listening to alot of tunes due to not having to waste my waking hours with work. Also posting here a little too much. Sorry.

Right now I've just got my paws on Cee Lo Green's 'The Lady Killer' album, and also Chase & Status's 'No More Idols'. Heard a few off both these, so hopefully the rest of the albums aren't just rubbish fillers.

Also got hold of a copy of the Glastonbury documentary from 2006, slightly off topic, but it will get some watching over the next 3-and-a-bit weeks :)

Pre release copy of The Pierces " You & I", The Vaccines, Crystal Fighters and Noah and The Whale are the most played on my listing over the last 2 weeks.......but I am also having a bit of a Morissey moment or two.

Listening to a few new people based on some of the stuff at the festival. Liking Yuck, although they annoy me to look at, don't know why!

Will be delving into all the Morrissey back catalogue shortly. Weirdly started buzzing when someone put a U2 CD on at a bbq yesterday, did not expect that.

iv'e been brushing up on queens of the stone age , cold war kids and naked & famous. been youtubing the clashfinder quite a bit as well lately. incidently, the set list button on the clashfinder is what made me decide against kool & the gang for sunday.

Can't stop listening to The Joy Formidable's latest CD. Also enjoying the new ones by The Go! Team, Fight Like Apes, The Naked & Famous and Yuck

Then when I get time revisiting old Big Audio Dynamite, Paul Simon and 1980s U2

Getting very very excited :rolleyes:

Right now Paul Simon on radio 6. albums of the year are the low Anthem (pyramid and avalon on Sunday), Yuck (John peel saturday)Bright eyes (other friday) Jenny and Jonny (park Friday)Danny and the Champions (kicking off the festival on Friday morning oxylers west - not to be missed. And Eels (other stage sunday).