New Jools Holland series starts tonight

Guest godders1966

The jazz was genius :lol:

Jools interviewing Beady Eye was cringey

Thought Anna Calvi was great, looking forward to seeing her at G. As were Elbow - another tick :)

I've checked the schedule and it's 'repeated' on Friday and Saturday - does anyone know whats that about? Is it completely different both nights? Longer show repeated twice?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jazz was genius :lol:

Jools interviewing Beady Eye was cringey

Thought Anna Calvi was great, looking forward to seeing her at G. As were Elbow - another tick :)

I've checked the schedule and it's 'repeated' on Friday and Saturday - does anyone know whats that about? Is it completely different both nights? Longer show repeated twice?

Can't answer your question as I only watched the beginning BUT

Generally the Friday show is the one to watch anyway, it's not a repeat, it's actually a longer episode so gets extra tracks by the bigger acts.

Elbow will probably play 2 tracks on the Friday show I'd say.

So which is why I didn't watch it, I'll be watching the Friday one instead.

i thought the whole show last night was marvellous, bar the entire beady eye contribution.. they are absolute bollox from the excruciating hair cuts, liams self designed garbs, the fact that he said things like 'see the whites of their eyes' and 'far out man' literally made me gag! and frankly dont even get me started on their 'music'

everyone else was top drawer however! :)

Tallest Man on Earth better play glastonbury, i would love love love to see him there

Edited by MyTwistedWords

I honestly can't pick a substandard song that TMOE has written, yet he has so many standout tracks.

I Won't Be Found

Pistol Dreams

The Gardener

Where I Thought I Met The Angels

The Wild Hunt

You're Going Back

King of Spain

A Lion's Heart

The Dreamer

Little River

Just, all absolutely top tier songs. I'm going to be incredibly disappoint when he's not announced for Glastonbury. He would be the perfect (sub)/headliner on the Park Stage for Sunday night.

I honestly can't pick a substandard song that TMOE has written, yet he has so many standout tracks.

I Won't Be Found

Pistol Dreams

The Gardener

Where I Thought I Met The Angels

The Wild Hunt

You're Going Back

King of Spain

A Lion's Heart

The Dreamer

Little River

Just, all absolutely top tier songs. I'm going to be incredibly disappoint when he's not announced for Glastonbury. He would be the perfect (sub)/headliner on the Park Stage for Sunday night.

I'd say 2nd or 3rd down is realistic after selling out his last UK tour and playing Shephards Bush next month. I'd say he's about on par with what Laura Marling and Dirty Projectors were like this time last year.

A sunset slot up there would just be perfect.

Edited by Porcelina

Thought it was pretty poor tbh! The only artist that intrigued me to delve further into was TMOE, but even then his prancing about during the song really grated me for some reason.

Never got into Elbow but it has been something that I've been planning to do after hearing some great tracks. Tbh I will get round to giving a few of their albums a good listen to before Glastonbury, but that track is just awful. Well I say awful, the chorus just ruins it completly. That line 'we got open arms for broken hearts' is just cringeworthy when backed together with the choir. I get a mental picture of Guy singing it with kids around him, which isn't a good mental picture.

The verse that follows the first chorus 'The man you are will know the boy you were' is excellent but the addition of the choir is just a desperate effort to make the song become an anthem of theirs. I get the impression that they didn't know how to take the chorus to another level and just assumed that a choir will achieve a fuller sound for them, but it just sounds so bad. That single that preceded it was very poor too. I hope that the album is a major upturn in quality or tbh I don't think I'd be able to even get through their set. And considering I want a good space for U2, I really want to like this new album :unsure: