New Jools Holland series starts tonight

Guest godders1966

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ELBOW are just on another level-compared to any otner band. an have been since they released seldom seen kid. no one is doing what they do, no one comes close to the tunes they produce.very underestimated

headliners in the making. :)

Edited by onemangang

yer very excessive, its taken me 3 times to correct it :D obviously its just my view. seldom seen kid to you personality might not be there best album & there might be people on here who agree with you. but its far and way there most successful album so it must be the best to the majority of us.

Have to agree. Leaders and SSK for me.

There is obviously the same thing with slow-burn bands becoming big. Whatever changes they make which helps them become more successful always slightly alienates fans. With some bands this a deterioration into lower quality that is more accessible (Muse etc) but for others like Elbow who (I think) have not seen a drop in quality, it is simply that the smaller group of original fans really just liked the unique, specific style of the band, and ANY alteration to this is likely to be not to their taste.

Wooo read somewhere that The Tallest Man On Earth is playing as well on the show, hope he plays Glasto. I missed out on his last tour but have seen a few liove performances on youtube and stuff and he's fantastic.

I dont think so. I really dont. Some of the songs on the album now grate on me, to the extent that I skip them. The Fix, An Audience With The Pope, One Day Like This. I skip them everytime.

The Bones of You, Mirrorball, Weather To Fly, Grounds For Divorce. They are average elbow songs for me (still good of course, just not better than their older stuff, in my opinion).

Tower crane, some riot, starlings and friend of ours are the only stand out songs for me.

And I'm really not just saying this because it's popular, honest!

I would put SSK 4th. It's:

Leaders

Cast

Asleep

SSK

for me. I am unsure about the new one as yet.

But dont get me wrong, SSK is still fluffing great.