2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

i really hope tenacious d are there, i have faith in neil :)

I was given info on them from three different sources, all of whom gave me other acts which were announced yesterday, and who gave me no wrong info (unless the couple of acts currently marked TBC end up not being on the bill).

So I remain very confident that it's correct. :)

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it 2010 when MCR were down as TBC on Efestivals but didn't get announced?

they were never marked as a TBC.

I published an article quite a long while before the announcement confidently (and correctly) naming two of the headliners, and put MCR's name forward as the third but also made clear that I was less certain of that being right.

If you search look in the Reading news section on the main site it's still there exactly as it was published so you can see for yourself.

Missed a lot last night after the announcement. What was general consensus?

I imagine there are a lot of moaners, and I can understand why after all the hype and speculation. The placements are all over the place, there aren't too many runs of 2-3 bands I want to apart from Sunday. The only bands I want to really see atm that I haven't see before are ATDI and Kasabian, and they bloody clash xD

All that being said, I'm still going, and I'm still going to have an awesome time. At least I will have time between bands to grab my free beer and burger :stuff:

I think Tenacious D will slot in above BBC. I can't see them above Vaccines as Shikari 5th seems too low. We shall see.

With Lockup/FR still to come, and hopefully a heavier Saturday NME tent, I will be very happy.

Bestival doesn't do day tickets and IOW is a lot more isolated. Overall cost of going to see The Cure at Bestival was minimum £220, just for ferry + ticket, let alone travelling to Southampton/Portsmouth.

My two cents....

Strong set of headliners, and good alternatives on NME if they don't appeal. I bought a ticket mainly for At The Drive In.

Agree with others about Paramore, it really looks as though The Cure have replaced Green Day on the top of the bill - would be interesting to see if Neil knew anything about this as they were rumoured for a while.

That Friday looks pretty weak at the moment, why Angels and Airwaves have been invited back is beyond me, they were awful last time they played. Other than that, some pretty decent acts scattered around (Gaslight, Shins, Billy Talent, Sbtrkt), and a much stronger dance stage than normal, shame it's not on the Friday!

Once lock up and FR are announced, there should be plenty to see throughout the weekend

Edited by moss265

Bigger question is why have Paramore been invited back, they were horrid in 2010, AVA actually are an alright band, they were awesome a few years back when i saw them,

Come on people, this is quite a good line up.

The Cure are going to be amazing and like it or not, Paramore are probably going to get a huge crowd.

Bombay got one of the biggest crowds last year, so deserved a high slot, maybe not 3rd, but you know.

Coheed are an awesome booking as well.

The saturday is good as Kasabian WILL be amazing. I am sure of that. Dlo will draw a big crowd also, even though I'm not a fan I'll be there to get a good slot for Kasabian.

Hopefully The D will be above the Vaccines because that will make the saturday even stronger. The vaccines should have a new album, so hopefully it'll be good to justify their position.

Enter Shikari back again? Who cares, they're awesome.

Odd Future is an interesting booking also.

And the sunday is pretty much perfect, minus all time low and bullet. Not a of either and can't see them getting too much attention. The Gaslight Anthem are probably the band I am looking forward to see the most, so glad they are there.

ATDI are also a good alternative on the NME stage. So in my opinion, this is pretty strong. When the weekend has finished, I reckon in reflection this will be one of thhe best years

Download and Reading mash-up, would be an epic festival:

The Prodigy

Paramore

Bullet For My Valentine

You Me At Six

Rise Against

Angels & Airwaves

Black Veil Brides

Cancer Bats

Deaf Havana

Metallica

Biffy Clyro

Machine Head

Slash

NOFX

Killswitch Engage

Fear Factory

Five Finger Death Punch

Soil

Foo Fighters

Soundgarden

Tenacious D

Enter Shikari

All Time Low

Billy Talent

Shinedown

Corey Taylor

We Are The Ocean

I think they mean headliner in the broader sense... as in one of the top bands on the bill, rather than THE top band. The term is used pretty much exclusively to refer to the top band by us on the forums, but I don't think it's too uncommon for it to be used to refer to other higher-up bands by some other people.

i like the lineup there is some bands im really looking forward to, black keys subbing foos is delicious and at the drive in will be delightful. i just never understand the peer fetish for constantly booking enter shikari and crystal castles, gaslight anthem and tht all the time. why not try for like wolfmother, coxon, paul weller, ocean colour scene or soemone just for soemthign different to what they usually get. just seems very lazy by them as if they dont even take pride in there festival anymore.

Still don't understand how Bombay Bicycle Club and The Vaccines are so high when surely bands like Enter Shikari and Bullet For My Valentine deserve to be in those slots....

Were Paramore really that bad in 2010? I've seen them a couple times, both in outside & inside settings and they were amazing, one of the best live bands I've seen.

I would also say they're a really strong booking as nowhere else has them this year, this is the first time they'll be back in the UK after Josh & Zac left, they've not played here for 2 years, they sold out arenas the last two tours they did here & they'll attract a lot of first time festival goers, they're very popular with the school leavers age.