2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

I would actually agree Green Day would be more popular than The Cure with the general R&L demographic, but they're the only ones that could even be considered a better choice of them. All the others are both overexposed and would probably have as much of the demographic slagging them off as liking them. With The Cure, they're likely to be either known and loved, or not known much about. I'm also willing to bet that they'll be a rise in The Cure's sales of NME readers who decide to prove they're properly indie by getting into a cool retro band.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion I would say they were better because they are more relevant to today's audience def is all. I like the cure dont get me wrong, some cracking tunes, but I don't exactly feel like I have a golden ticket because they are playing, so wouldn't use the word rare either, they're bound to do another tour.

Last years was a decent line-up but not been as gd since 09.

I'd be saying the same things in your shoes. I have no proof and no track record. But if there's at 7.15pm there's a surprise that makes Hart Attack happy and people are screaming that at least two of the high up main stage bands aren't big enough, well....

Then again I'm being fairly ambiguous and that information could apply whether I know it or not, as it pretty much happens every year.

I'd be saying the same things in your shoes. I have no proof and no track record. But if there's at 7.15pm there's a surprise that makes Hart Attack happy and people are screaming that at least two of the high up main stage bands aren't big enough, well....

Then again I'm being fairly ambiguous and that information could apply whether I know it or not, as it pretty much happens every year.

I refuse to believe Mrtourette until he names some bands. Everything he's said so far has been entirely subjective. Even when the line-up is announced it will be impossible to know if he does genuinely know. He's probably sat at home have a right laugh because he's been pulling the strings for the last few pages.

I refuse to believe Mrtourette until he names some bands. Everything he's said so far has been entirely subjective. Even when the line-up is announced it will be impossible to know if he does genuinely know. He's probably sat at home have a right laugh because he's been pulling the strings for the last few pages.

The Cure don't tour the UK. They haven't done so in years. They did one Wembley date 2 years ago which sold out instantly. They did Bestival last year (which didn't, although IOW + no day tickets will have put a lot of people who wouldn't want to go to Bestival otherwise off). They're doing a European festival tour this year.

The Cure do one or two UK shows every year or two. On the flipside, it's impossible to miss Metallica, even if you're only a casual fan.