2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

As amazing as it would be, I just don't see it - like I said, too inspired by Melvin's standard. I also ran this by the group of about 20 that I go to leeds with - only 3 had actually heard of them and they none of them liked them... like I said in my big post, the people on these forums certainly don't represent the majority of the R/L audience who go for all the Indie and modern bands - just the minority with decent taste!

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rammstein would be all kinds of awesome but i just can't see it :/

It may be a curveball and all, but, has anyone else considered Aerosmith at all? They are absolute legends and have a new album coming out this year I've read. Plus, I'm pretty sure everyone knows a few of their tunes :P they could be a big booking imo.

about the alanis morissette booking, anyone reckon she could play in the nme tent, or early on on main stage, jagged little pill was one of the biggest alternative albums of all time, i think a suprise booking by melvin could push her back into the limelight, especially with her new album coming out this summer, id say its a maybe

Rammstein would be all kinds of awesome but i just can't see it :/

It may be a curveball and all, but, has anyone else considered Aerosmith at all? They are absolute legends and have a new album coming out this year I've read. Plus, I'm pretty sure everyone knows a few of their tunes :P they could be a big booking imo.

about the alanis morissette booking, anyone reckon she could play in the nme tent, or early on on main stage, jagged little pill was one of the biggest alternative albums of all time, i think a suprise booking by melvin could push her back into the limelight, especially with her new album coming out this summer, id say its a maybe

Hope - Green Day/Slipknot/Rammstein

Think - The Killers

Rammstein

Slipknot

Avenged Sevenfold

Bullet For My Valentine

i would scream with excitement if that top 4 were to happen, but i dont think it will.

Very true, but IMO RnL will never go that heavy because the currernt climate would mean they would be putting themselves up against Download and Sonisphere! Not a logical thing to do, a hardcore heavy or metal fan would consider the whole weekend and would hate the prospect of listening to Indie and Alt.

I think you will see that the third headliner will fit to the demographic of RnL has attracted over the past 3 years!

2008 Was the last year we had a heavyier line-up and this was the year Download had Lostprophets as a headliner! I think that year RnL really took the bullet to Download!

Since then Download has become a bigger force and I dont think Melvin would compete with them once again!

At the end of the day its all about selling tickets, yes SOAD would but would you see those fans coming back year after year, I dont think you would.

Oh and with the whole booking a whole hotel shingaling, i think people are reading too uch into it. I'm pretty sure that doesn't actually tell us anything and Kasabian have massive egos - it could be them anyway?

I don't think it is.

From what I've heard it would appear that the hotel was booked up before Kasabian were.

Foo Fighters, Kasabian and possibly The Killers, you don't get much safer than that for R & L <_<

Well done to Kasabian, they have now talked themselves up into being Main Stage headliners at two UK major festivals, they only need to be Glastonbury headliners next year and they have managed to complete one of the greatest illusions of all time. <_<