2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, this a little 2013 thing, as Slipknot have said about plans for new album but no where near done, just the starting thoughts.

Metallica

Slipknot

for the sunday springs to mind?

If not, then you'd fully expect Download to get them back to headline.

The line ups all look pretty realistic to happen, although with Van Halen cancelling european tour i doubt they would play so maybe Iron Maiden to take that spot?

Machine Head clash with Nickelback would be bad for me personally, i'd like to see Machine Head support Rammstein, that would be insane!

Am i the only one who hopes SOAD don't headline R&L? I completely despise them and would rather Slipknot, Soundgarden or someone else play... Like the other parts of the weekend, would just like to see A7X in there somewhere aha!

Am i the only one who hopes SOAD don't headline R&L? I completely despise them and would rather Slipknot, Soundgarden or someone else play... Like the other parts of the weekend, would just like to see A7X in there somewhere aha!

Would really love Biffy to headline, but only if they have a new album out, otherwise it'll be the same setlist for almost 3 years. They were amazing at Sonisphere, best band i have seen live. A co-headline with Bloc Party possible? Not sure if they would have a co- for a second year though, but it would be great if it happened.

Really hope Foo's don't headline, they're a dull booking imo, (same for Kasabian, who i don't rate as a live act), but the 20 years since Nirvana thing will most probs see them headline.

Jay-Z & Kanye would be beyond amazing! Would get a HUGE crowd and would be a massive statement of intent to the other festivals if they got them as an exclusive, though i can see them playing T as well.

Talk of Slipknot is also interesting, i would personaly love to see them headline, be it alone or a co- with S.O.A.D, but i cant see the latter happeneing as they are both headline acts in their own right. An America tour has been confirmed by Clown so i think suggestions of them playing is plausible.

Bands also with a chance of headlining next year:

Aerosmith- Would be a huge booking, have a new album confirmed for 2012, but not sure how well recieved they would be.

The Killers- Would have been 4 years since they last played, still as popular, and are apparently starting to record a new album this month.

Arctic Monkeys- Can't see it happeneing, though i would be the first there :P if anything they should have been booked this year because of Suck It And See.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers- New album, but can't see it happening really. Can see them playing T.

Green Day- Same as the above.

Paramore- Would be a controversial booking imo, don't think it will happen for a while yet though.

What do you all think?

Edited by JIM-182

Would really love Biffy to headline, but only if they have a new album out, otherwise it'll be the same setlist for almost 3 years. They were amazing at Sonisphere, best band i have seen live. A co-headline with Bloc Party possible? Not sure if they would have a co- for a second year though, but it would be great if it happened.

Really hope Foo's don't headline, they're a dull booking imo, (same for Kasabian, who i don't rate as a live act), but the 20 years since Nirvana thing will most probs see them headline.

Jay-Z & Kanye would be beyond amazing! Would get a HUGE crowd and would be a massive statement of intent to the other festivals if they got them as an exclusive, though i can see them playing T as well.

Talk of Slipknot is also interesting, i would personaly love to see them headline, be it alone or a co- with S.O.A.D, but i cant see the latter happeneing as they are both headline acts in their own right. An America tour has been confirmed by Clown so i think suggestions of them playing is plausible.

Bands also with a chance of headlining next year:

Aerosmith- Would be a huge booking, have a new album confirmed for 2012, but not sure how well recieved they would be.

The Killers- Would have been 4 years since they last played, still as popular, and are apparently starting to record a new album this month.

Arctic Monkeys- Can't see it happeneing, though i would be the first there :P if anything they should have been booked this year because of Suck It And See.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers- New album, but can't see it happening really. Can see them playing T.

Green Day- Same as the above.

Paramore- Would be a controversial booking imo, don't think it will happen for a while yet though.

What do you all think?

If the Roses are booked to headline next year (if this reunion is actually happening - just to create the illusion that I'm not already getting carried away :lol: ) then what sort of crowd do people think they'll pull in?

On one hand I feel they may be a bit too "old" for your average modern Reading/Leeds goer to appreciate them - a bit like Radiohead - but on the other hand, if they reform it will be absolutely massive news and there might be a lot of teenyboppers jumping on the bandwagon.

If the latter is the case I'll be looking forward to the trendy Year 11 leavers saying "I Don't Have To Sell My Soul is a big tune!!1", bringing back memories of RATM and "Killing In The Name Of" <_<

...if the reunion is happening. ;):P