Sales are slow this year! WTF?

Guest guyzer

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one in the morning last year. Ok you think it is shite, are you going to add anything else to the discussion or are you going to leave? Discuss the line up, fine. But calling it shite is just pathetic and narrow minded.

Edited by monkeys_out

I think they have been available for over a week before in the last 5 years, I coudl easily be wrong tho, hopefully someone with a better memory than me we come along and put it right

Edited by Vacant0

I think its a couple of things. Theres only so much you can put the price up every year before people look at other ways to spend the money. Also when I first went to the festival in the late 90s, the top four headliners seemed to be get more commercial success than they do now. You will struggle to find the likes of jimmy eat world, the national, interpol, friendly fires on the radio, so they are not as well known to some of the festival crowd. Doesnt mean they cant put on a good show, but they may not be huge ticket draws. Also for a lot of people its the headliners that sell festivals and undoubtedly the three we have dont sell as many records or tickets as some of the other major festivals.

Not one to talk about facebook but my feed has been so empty on chat about Reading compared to recent years, there's just not the buzz it usually generates. I'm not surprised it's taking longer to sell out, why would it with that line-up? It'll still sell out eventually and Melvin will say his choices were fine though.

Not one to talk about facebook but my feed has been so empty on chat about Reading compared to recent years, there's just not the buzz it usually generates. I'm not surprised it's taking longer to sell out, why would it with that line-up? It'll still sell out eventually and Melvin will say his choices were fine though.