Green Day

Guest Yellow_Fellow

I don't want to rain on everyone's parade but surely if there was some evidence that Green Day might be playing whether small or large then they would have appeared on the list of bands rumoured for Reading/Leeds on this site but the fact that efestivals haven't put them on there obviously means they don't believe they are appearing as they are too big a band to have not been down as a rumour...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to rain on everyone's parade but surely if there was some evidence that Green Day might be playing whether small or large then they would have appeared on the list of bands rumoured for Reading/Leeds on this site but the fact that efestivals haven't put them on there obviously means they don't believe they are appearing as they are too big a band to have not been down as a rumour...

i've always thought it was gonna be muse, strokes, and green day with mcr under green day. everyone seems to have completely forgotten that tweet that green day left sometime after 2010's festival, around the time when headliners get booked for the following year, where they put 'R&L' at the end of the tweet or something along those lines.

i've never believed that MCR would headline

Hmm, is co-headlining a possibility? I know it's been done at other fests, but I've never seen it on R&L line-ups before. This would be mean that MCR would still technically be headlining, which would fit in with their headlining claims...

Don't know but i definately remember them coming into the fray quite late. i've been to the last two reading's and while i was very new to it all in 2009 and didn't check these festival forums, I definately remember Guns and Roses being a much later headline prediction than Arcade Fire and Blink 182, at least being predicted later as much more likely to headline than predicted before. And from what i heard it seemed to be the Prodigy in 2009 (correct me if I'm wrong)??? and Tenacious D in 2008??? so reading always has the potential to throw someone late into the hat, so you never know, it could well be Green Day this year.

but hes just a poster on here that gets his info from the same place as us.

The only 2 people with credible information on here is Neil and the lad that posted the other day (forgot his name) and they have both said Strokes, Muse and MCR. As much as Id love Green Day to strengthen the line up it seems less likely.

Whats the name of the poster that comes on a week before and ALWAYS has the line up right. He was the first person to even mention Tenacious D when they played and he leaked a lot of the line up from 2 years ago the day before aswell.

Keese46

except he didn't get it right last year. He had the Libs as a headliner, and didn't have Arcade Fire at all.

(I'm not trying to knock him - he clearly has what is basically good info. But he wasn't right last year).

At around the same time he posted his stuff last year, I got the right info - but no one wanted to believe it, as far too many thought that Arcade Fire just couldn't be the headliners.... there were lots of people who thought they'd be headlining the tent. :lol:

The problem for lots of people is that the music world keeps on moving and changing, but their own views of it don't (or not quickly enough, anyway). And so we're getting (for example) lots of people wanting Green Day this year, when they're a band that are now off the radar for a sizeable chunk of the demographic that R/L attracts - so become less and less likely to return as a headliner as each year passes.

except he didn't get it right last year. He had the Libs as a headliner, and didn't have Arcade Fire at all.

(I'm not trying to knock him - he clearly has what is basically good info. But he wasn't right last year).

At around the same time he posted his stuff last year, I got the right info - but no one wanted to believe it, as far too many thought that Arcade Fire just couldn't be the headliners.... there were lots of people who thought they'd be headlining the tent. :lol:

The problem for lots of people is that the music world keeps on moving and changing, but their own views of it don't (or not quickly enough, anyway). And so we're getting (for example) lots of people wanting Green Day this year, when they're a band that are now off the radar for a sizeable chunk of the demographic that R/L attracts - so become less and less likely to return as a headliner as each year passes.

Hes not the one Im thinking of, Im sure his name is ben something and only has a couple of hundred posts max. He came on in 08 about 3 days before and leaked a load of the line up, including bands nobody had mentioned and he did the same in 09.

Also Blink and Linking park in 03 were considered co headliners if I remember. They both got the same time on stage (I think without getting my programme out)

Is there any reason why the Headliners arnt TBC at the minute? Its almost as good as confirmed that we are getting Muse strokes and MCR

stuff only gets marked as TBC if/when I have info which I'm as sure about as it's possible to be.

I've always said that I've thought the headliner names I've had rumoured for months are far more likely to be correct than not, and the post by Reese seems to confirm that they are - but I still need something more solid and more current than what I've got.