Secret Garden Party 2011

Guest fingers_mark

Thought i'd start a dedicated thread..

Tickets on sale now - £155 adults + b.f. (early birds have sold out)

There will be no increase in capacity they've stated - and ticket price includes a programme this time!

http://uk.secretgardenparty.com/2011/sgp.php#/267/271

http://www2.seetickets.com/secretgardenparty/price.asp?code=492877&filler1=id1secretgarden&filler2=multiid1secretgarden

First confirmation I know of is The Whip in the Remix Bubble on the Friday (Eddy TM twitter)

• 2 weeks later...

Leftfield = good

Queueing for 4 hours to get in last year = bad

The greed of the organisers with their ridiculous restrictions on booze you can take in despite charging 160 quid a ticket = ugly

They bang on about the take from the bars keeping the festival going. So how do Alchemy, BDs, BT and other independant festivals manage to do it with a much cheaper ticket price and only fraction of the paying punters?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm considering going to this fest this summer. I've done Reading (which I'll never do again), Glastonbury and Isle of Wight a bunch of times and I want to try something new this year. Would you say it's worth going? What makes it stand out from the others and would a 20 year old guy enjoy it going alone (I've done festivals alone and it's been fine before). Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems weird to me to have Blondie as a sub headliner, you'd think they were definately headline material, but then what do I know?

On an unrelated subject, who/what is everyone looking forward to seeing? Personally I'm looking forward to Matt and Kim and I know my prtners looking forward to seeing Nero and Rob da Bank, also looking forward to some high adrenaline trolly racing!

I went last year, it was a great festival. Good vibe and small enough to bump into the people that you meet during the weekend. The 4 hour wait to get in on the Thursday needs to be addressed but other than that we really enjoyed it. Best to get involved in the fancy dress! The burning of the Blimp on the island on the Saturday night was an unforgetable moment.

• 2 weeks later...