Next new announcement 23rd Feb..Hopefully

Guest Go_Go_Tonymon

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given up trying to guess who the 3rd headliner is given how drawn out the whole process is. That said, it's really going to swing where I'm headed this summer. I just found out I can't have the Friday off for Soni so that's buggered any chance of catching the Big 4 there.

I really hope at the very least there's a few positive surprises and maybe even one or two acts I'd never expect to play. The line-up doesn't kick enough ass for me at present. Hopefully that will change with this announcement.

I think the only way they will compete with Soni is if they have some Ledgends being anounced.

I think this headliner is essencial to Download regaining its glory, and MCR or Nicleback would totally throw the festival in the bin.

I dont think The Scorpions have enough to become headliners, but at a push, fair enough.

PS. Sorry about all the spelling mistakes....i'm tired.

MCR ive accepted could headline, and they fit down Coppings Rule book, *played before - check, Small sized Friday headliner - Check, New album out - Check and been down the classical route - Check :lol:

Tool or Pearl Jam Pritty please :)

Soundgarden feel as well will play..

1.Sting In The Tail

5.Is There Anybody There

6.The Zoo

8.Animal Magnetism

9.We'll Burn The Sky

10.Always Somewhere

12.Holiday

13.Raised on Rock

14.The Good Die Young

18.Blackout

19.No One Like You

20.Six String Sting

21.Big City Nights

22.Still Loving You

23.Rock You Like A Hurricane

In all honesty, i think Download is gonna need a few big bands, and i mean BIG , to keep up with Soni. At the rate that Soni are getting in the best bands, I think that the only way to run equally is to book Led Zep, Black Sabbath ect. It's not going to happen, but its the only way :(

dont get why everyone is raving about the Soni lineup being so great?? looks crap tbh and ive already gota ticket for it cos of the free nova rock ticket they handed out. Okay Friday at Soni looks good because its the Big 4...but still all 4 of them have been touring over here constantly over the last few years. Saturday looks pure shite. The top 2 bands Biffy and Weezer...4th and 3rd Top bands at Reading last year with Biffy playing other gigs and smaller festivals this summers, so hardly massive draws especially for headlining and subbing. wtf?? And Sunday looks average, Slipknot an overated headliner in my opinion and Limp Bizkit - both bands on the festival circuit in 2009 and LB also playing 5th top at Reading last year. And the other bands listed are bands most people have already seen if theyre a regular festival goer in the last few years. Defently the last 2 Soni's had much better lineups without a doubt!

dont know why everyones spunking over sonisphere tbh. the big four are the most overtouring bands on the circuit, and im a big metallica fan. the fact that theyre all together is irellevant for me. slipknot are superb, but limp bizkit as, essentially, subheadlinerS? and biffy and weezer as far up as they are too? are any of those bands bands that havent played download or reading in the last 3 years? they need to book a big band who hasnt played one of the big festivals for a while, they just book repeats.

dont get why everyone is raving about the Soni lineup being so great?? looks crap tbh and ive already gota ticket for it cos of the free nova rock ticket they handed out. Okay Friday at Soni looks good because its the Big 4...but still all 4 of them have been touring over here constantly over the last few years. Saturday looks pure shite. The top 2 bands Biffy and Weezer...4th and 3rd Top bands at Reading last year with Biffy playing other gigs and smaller festivals this summers, so hardly massive draws especially for headlining and subbing. wtf?? And Sunday looks average, Slipknot an overated headliner in my opinion and Limp Bizkit - both bands on the festival circuit in 2009 and LB also playing 5th top at Reading last year. And the other bands listed are bands most people have already seen if theyre a regular festival goer in the last few years. Defently the last 2 Soni's had much better lineups without a doubt!