Pub Golf

Guest Scoobs

Howdy!

Any interested in an organised game of Pub Golf at Glastonbury this year? Probably on the Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm talking 9 - 18 bars, scorecards, pairing up with someone you may not know and all in fancy dress. Granddad caps and plus four fours essential :)

Anyone interested??

Bambi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this idea - Pub golf would be a great way to travel around the site and explore, plus a really good way for people to share their favourite little haunts around the site that people may have missed.

One problem, though. I am a teacher and have to work (and blag) pretty hard to get away with missing work on the Friday and so can't get on site before Thursday evening - normally about 7ish. Would there be any chance of making it Pub "night" golf so I could still participate?

I hate the fact that I miss out on the early-bird shenannigans these days, particularly as there seems to be a lot more to do these days.

A lot of those wont be open on the Wednesday /Thursday, need to start from a list that has the bars that will actually be open. Brian(wbc_worker) can usually provide this, although as less bars are run by wbc every year it will not be a complete list.

I am defo in for a round of golf, oh yes :D

A lot of those wont be open on the Wednesday /Thursday, need to start from a list that has the bars that will actually be open. Brian(wbc_worker) can usually provide this, although as less bars are run by wbc every year it will not be a complete list.

I am defo in for a round of golf, oh yes :D

I always thought the way you played pub golf was by how many sips/gulps it took you to actually finish the drink, hence the similarity to shots on a golf course and the par of the hole. And to judge the par of the hole you usually pre-assign a type of drink to that hole. E.g. hole 1 would be a pint of cider and the par is 4, then the second could be a glass of wine which is a par 2 and then the third hole could be a shot which is a par 1.

And obviously the lowest score wins, so if you down all your drinks then you will get the lowest possible score.

Edited by kingjamma

I always thought the way you played pub golf was by how many sips/gulps it took you to actually finish the drink, hence the similarity to shots on a golf course and the par of the hole. And to judge the par of the hole you usually pre-assign a type of drink to that hole. E.g. hole 1 would be a pint of cider and the par is 4, then the second could be a glass of wine which is a par 2 and then the third hole could be a shot which is a par 1.

And obviously the lowest score wins, so if you down all your drinks then you will get the lowest possible score.