011 reading bigger hit than 010

Guest joe1990 fresh account

if you believe all the roumers,

friday muse, saturday MCR, pulp, sunday the strokes

is this going to be a winning line up or a flop?

i am slighty worried. muse are so obvious, if efestivels told me tommorow they were playing i would probably fall a sleep on the spot.

MCR there not my sort of music at all. they seem to have alot of followers, i dont no how they would go down as headliners.

pulp my favoutre out of the lot, i wouldn't mind seeing jarvis strutting his stuff. i still think it will be a slight gamble beacuse of the lenth they have been out. also if the older tunes still get across, im sure they will.

the strokes, a soild band, but for me im not sure about there ability to headline. with a new album coming out i will keep an open mind. i have never seen this band before,so i suppose im happy seeing somthing new.

dose any1 els have any doubts??

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are a gamble: not because of the length of time they've been out, but because the generic muse audience doesn't align itself in any way with the generic pulp audience. they were replacements at glasto and the year they headlined reading the hype had gone. since then the reading audience has shifted as far from britpop as it could possibly go. the 'comeback' factor isn't there like it was with other bands - wireless tickets haven't even sold out yet.

personally i'd rather they didn't play. they're already doing 2 uk festivals, i don't want it to turn into the 'verve' situation where they come back and play every festival going until everybody gets bored again.

Bargain! Well Blur played Hyde Park with a couple of supports for £50 (effectively Wireless) and that sold out within hours and they had to add another date (which, admittedly, didn't sell out, but for arguments sake... :P) and so if people really wanted to see Pulp they'd buy a ticket for Wireless. All I'm saying is that if a band can't sell out (what is effectively) their own headline comeback show at Wireless then they're a gamble to headline R&L.

Firstly, im welcoming myself back to efestivals for the new year!

Line up would be ok, would like to see Muse and Strokes and then the 3rd headliner i havnt a clue.

I hope it is someone like MCR because i cannot stand them and i love the NME tent headline, its much better in the tent for atmosphere.

Crystal castles for me as NME headliner they day Muse and Strokes dont play!

if thats the headliners for next year with pulp subbing, maybe on saturday or sunday. you might find me camping out in the nme.

guns n roses were great last year, so were queens of the stone age what an amazing sub and headliner. dont no if i can say this, this year.

were GNR, Blink, and A.F. all roumerd early like the headliners this year?

Edited by jump

It's all down to personal opinion really, although perhaps not the biggest headliners I thought last years were a strong set and a nice bit of variety. I'd rather R&L didn't just go for the biggest acts but went with acts like Arcade Fire who are a bit different.

Well look at it in terms of strength of the rumours. Pulp will definitely play, but considering that they are only co-headlining IoW, it seems very unlikely they will headline Reading. Most likely to sub. The Strokes also look dead on to play for me. The 3rd headliner is a bit of a wild guess really, one I shall not take part in, and if I do, I'm saying Soundgarden for the sake of it :P

Yeah a lot of festivals are pretty loose with the term 'exclusive' and use separate countries rather than just UK-wide to still be able to use the term. Pretty soon we'll be justifying exclusive headliners at Reading by saying that they didn't play anywhere else in Berkshire that year.