Kendal Calling 2011

Guest Flaminglippy

What are the food/drink prices like at Kendal? I assume the regular festival prices. I'm just wondering how much money to save for spends over the weekend? Also, are there any shops or supermarkets nearby like Leeds where you can go off site and come back again?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunatley the quiet camping is about the furthest from the car park as you can get.Plus with multiple trips required it can be hard work.

It may be around 10 mins walk all downhill but festibarrow operate there,you can hire a wheelbarrow for around 10 quid.

I will also be appearing on Thursday as you get the best choice of camp pitch and the entertainment put on Thursday is also good.

10 mins walk is fine for a festival though, IMO. I didn't arrive on the site until about 7pm last year and managed to get a parking spot about 10 mins walk from my tent - meaning that 45 mins after arriving on site I was sitting with my tent pitched and a beer in my hand, and that included a trip back to the car!!

Really looking forward to KC now. Been listening to a few of the 'smaller' bands on the lineup. Have to say, The Sand Band and Airships are standing out at the moment, so will be trying to catch them over the weekend.

Hi mate, I'm afraid there won't be any released via the festival. I would suggest Viagogo but that's worse than ebay, and scarlet mist is rather empty. There are often good people on the facebook page selling for face value though but you've got to be quick. Best of luck.

My list for KC is as follows :-)

Tent

Sleeping bag

Air-bed

Foot pump

Mallet

Gaffer tape

Bed roll

Folding chairs

Beer

Cool bag

Hat

Sun glasses

Eye mask

3*T-Shirts

2*Jeans

2*hoodies/fleeces

Walking socks and under pants

Towel

Water proof coat

Water proof trousers

Wet wipes

Tooth paste and tooth brush

Deodorant

Shower gel

Dry shampoo

Hand sanitiser

Resolve max strength

Bottled water

I have a KC question if you don't mind.

Upon arrival, is it necessary to get your wristband first or can you set up camp first and sort out the wristband later?

Also, I take it there's no limit on how many times you return to the car for extra beer, food, dry clothes etc?

Ta.

Now that the Northern Lights festival (the same weekend) has been cancelled, maybe the organisers of KC could manage to persuade a few of the Northern Lights to play at KC now that they're free.....Madness, Maximo Park, Paloma Faith & The Noisettes would be a steal to say the least!!

Not really, just that they've decided to go with another provider. Bloody annoyed. Booked time off work for this and it was going to be my only festival this year. And Oxfam lose out on their money. Only just up the road from me too. We were offered the remaining places at Womad instead but had a look and it was going to cost me over 100 quid on the train.

I have a KC question if you don't mind.

Upon arrival, is it necessary to get your wristband first or can you set up camp first and sort out the wristband later?

Also, I take it there's no limit on how many times you return to the car for extra beer, food, dry clothes etc?

you need wristband to enter site to pitch tent. multiple car trips are allowed but you're car has to stay once parked.

not long now! TITP this Saturday, Portugal Sunday then KC the week i return and no, i will not be exposing my white bits.

Also no Bez i see in Houseparty Tent OMG

Ta.

Hi I have just sorted out 2 tickets for kendal calling, and I just have a few questions as it is my first time

I noticed on the website there is a bus from penrith station going to the site, do you have to book these in advance? do they run throughout the day and is there much demand for them? and how much do they cost return?

Also how long does it take to walk from the entrance to the campsite, and to the arena etc, and where would be the best place to camp based on conveniance of walking distance, but at the same time can get a bit of sleep in the evenings.

One last thing is how much are the prices for food and drink, if its silly i think i will just bring my own food and drink

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone help us out? Were after 2 seats to the festival as neither of us drive and it equals over £50 each for us to get the train, we'd really like to have a car share with someone, were based in stafford and willing to give petrol money and were flexible on times both there and back. We can meet just off the m6 junction m13/14, so if anyone is passing and has the spares, please consider giving me a message or commenting on here :) or alternatively if you have 1 please also get in contact