Muse, Pulp, The Strokes, MCR

Guest craigb

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, based on what?

I could see them at Soni but not really at Download again as they've been trying to move away from booking the same acts so to break that and book an act that isn't huge/popular with the punters would be a surprise to me. But then I'm thinking on the basis that they would be headlining, if they were subbing/2nd stage I can see it despite it being more unlikely.

Really, based on what?

I could see them at Soni but not really at Download again as they've been trying to move away from booking the same acts so to break that and book an act that isn't huge/popular with the punters would be a surprise to me. But then I'm thinking on the basis that they would be headlining, if they were subbing/2nd stage I can see it despite it being more unlikely.

really boring rumours.. they should get in someone really unexpected like Tool... still I will go as really want to see My Chemical Romance, Prodigy should bugger off as they played in 09, The Strokes are a good band but they just don't appeal live, Pulp will be ace to see but they will be everywhere this summer it seems, Muse are great but they are touring their worst album and they are just such an obvious booking... Hope the undercard has some absolutely incredible bands.

I go to at laest two fest a year and next year I'm planning on Rockness, Glastonbury and Leeds but every year the cdebate over the headliners at Reading and Leeds gets more tedious, in fact of all the fests it's the one I check least as the conversation never really moves.

Yes the headliners may not be to all our taste and some may well not get a ticket but what the f**k is the point in moaning about a line up which hasn't been announced yet? If it's shit then fair enough, don't buy a ticket. I thought 09's line up was awful, the worst I've seen since I first went in 99 yet I had an amazing time and caught some great stuff on the smaller stages.

All in all, I've never been totally dissapointed with my weekend at Leeds and wether that be with the acts on or the general great time I've had I've always got good memories and I'm sure I will from next year as well.

I go to at laest two fest a year and next year I'm planning on Rockness, Glastonbury and Leeds but every year the cdebate over the headliners at Reading and Leeds gets more tedious, in fact of all the fests it's the one I check least as the conversation never really moves.

Yes the headliners may not be to all our taste and some may well not get a ticket but what the f**k is the point in moaning about a line up which hasn't been announced yet? If it's shit then fair enough, don't buy a ticket. I thought 09's line up was awful, the worst I've seen since I first went in 99 yet I had an amazing time and caught some great stuff on the smaller stages.

All in all, I've never been totally dissapointed with my weekend at Leeds and wether that be with the acts on or the general great time I've had I've always got good memories and I'm sure I will from next year as well.

The new MCR album charted poorly, didn't even make the top ten I mean come on, Paramore managed to score a number one album in the UK!! on the itunes chart its down to 66th in its second week, not really heightening that there a popular band really!

Can see it being:

Linkin Park

The Prodigy

Muse

My Chemical Romance

The Strokes

Pulp

Pretty good lineup in my opinion. Muse and Linkin Park alone would make me buy a ticket, and I've always wanted to see The Strokes, and Pulp. MCR would be fairly entertaining.

I'm pretty sure that in R+L's entire history they've never had 3 repeat headliners, which I don't beieve is just by chance

So if these rumours are true then MCR would have to be headlining which I just can't see happening

It'd be a massive risk as they're a band that do put people off as well as drawing them others in

They already have a tour for next year, which has yet to sell out a show, and they're new album which people were expecting to be massive didn't even break top 10 in the album charts (I know record sales aren't the be all and end all but Arcade Fire managed a number one and beforehand people didn't think they were big enough to headline)

So for all people saying that the rumours are boring, there's almost definitely gonna be a few surprises