Rumour Thread

Guest luckysalt

From thre download baords this one

This website

http://www.corpseclothing.com/official-gallows-merchandise.html?zone=zone3

confirmed that Gallows were playing Download Festival this year, said they were playing the 10th.

Its since been removed but if you have a facebook account the guy took a screengrab, just saw it via my mrs' fb account, Im not into the whole FB thing, twitter yes, FB no.

So thats another act who could be announced tomorrow.

FB link with screen shot http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=193031264042543&set=a.193031240709212.50198.100000070122819%C2%A0

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting this again on this page as it may get lost from the previous page with updates this time around

So getting close to 24 hours before the announcement and efests have no leaks, not like in 2009 when they got nearly all the main acts

But lets have a look at whos looking likely to be announced tomorrow

Alter Bridge - playing fests around Download, Andy said Miles Kennedy would be back

Pendulum - Rob from the group self confirmed on twitter, Andy gave his news to me ho hum [meaning they're playing] remark

The Cult - self confirmed at Bristol gig, Andy has seen given in on twitter and said yes they're playing

Wolfmother - said they'd be be back in Europe for the dates they pulled out of in 2010, Andy said news to me... likely but not 100%

Korn - playing fests around Download, haven't been announced for Soni and Andy AGAIN did his news to me on twitter when asked

Skunk Anansie - self confirmed at a gig, played Soni last year

Skindred - Have been telling people they're playing this year, word of mouth only this one

Buckcherry - self confirmed, everywhere.

Papa Roach - Told people on the last UK tour they'll be playing Download

Rock Sugar - They and Andy have both siad they'll be back this year, might not be announced tomorrow

Bring Me The Horizon - Andy basically said they'll be playing although they might not be announced yet due to their tour

Gaslight Anthem - Andy said he would book them for Download this year, and they have since been announced for Rock AM Ring, looking very likely

Social Distortion - Playing fests all around Download, and seem like they would be a very popular choice

Gallows confirmed on this link here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=193031264042543&set=a.193031240709212.50198.100000070122819%C2%A0

The Damned Things Scott Ian self confirmed on twitter

Those are the ones that look like 90% gunna be announced tomorrow. Maybe not BMTH yet due to tour. But that could easily be just over half the announcement. Would we be happy? I would, although a Queens of the Stone Age, Weezer or Black Label Society would be awesome, BLS are more likely for a future announcement however if they're playing due to their Feb tour

Posting this again on this page as it may get lost from the previous page with updates this time around

So getting close to 24 hours before the announcement and efests have no leaks, not like in 2009 when they got nearly all the main acts

But lets have a look at whos looking likely to be announced tomorrow

Alter Bridge - playing fests around Download, Andy said Miles Kennedy would be back

Pendulum - Rob from the group self confirmed on twitter, Andy gave his news to me ho hum [meaning they're playing] remark

The Cult - self confirmed at Bristol gig, Andy has seen given in on twitter and said yes they're playing

Wolfmother - said they'd be be back in Europe for the dates they pulled out of in 2010, Andy said news to me... likely but not 100%

Korn - playing fests around Download, haven't been announced for Soni and Andy AGAIN did his news to me on twitter when asked

Skunk Anansie - self confirmed at a gig, played Soni last year

Skindred - Have been telling people they're playing this year, word of mouth only this one

Buckcherry - self confirmed, everywhere.

Papa Roach - Told people on the last UK tour they'll be playing Download

Rock Sugar - They and Andy have both siad they'll be back this year, might not be announced tomorrow

Bring Me The Horizon - Andy basically said they'll be playing although they might not be announced yet due to their tour

Gaslight Anthem - Andy said he would book them for Download this year, and they have since been announced for Rock AM Ring, looking very likely

Social Distortion - Playing fests all around Download, and seem like they would be a very popular choice

Gallows confirmed on this link here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=193031264042543&set=a.193031240709212.50198.100000070122819%C2%A0

The Damned Things Scott Ian self confirmed on twitter

Those are the ones that look like 90% gunna be announced tomorrow. Maybe not BMTH yet due to tour. But that could easily be just over half the announcement. Would we be happy? I would, although a Queens of the Stone Age, Weezer or Black Label Society would be awesome, BLS are more likely for a future announcement however if they're playing due to their Feb tour

Andy has confirmed tonight the 3rd headliner isn't getting announced tomorrow

''The 3rd headliner is NOT being announced tomorrow...however, there's some real beauties tomorrow''

He won't say when the 3rd headliner is getting announced, its all very secretive, could mean its something good, could mean its still getting sorted out. Who is on tour and he wouldn't be able to announce them yet? I really can't think of anyone.

''The 3rd headliner is NOT being announced tomorrow...however, there's some real beauties tomorrow''

He won't say when the 3rd headliner is getting announced, its all very secretive, could mean its something good, could mean its still getting sorted out. Who is on tour and he wouldn't be able to announce them yet? I really can't think of anyone.

Are you talking about just UK tour or Euro?

I reckon it's a reunion band and won't be announced until they have announced it. I've said it before but I reckon it could be Queen (I'm not a fan of this idea btw) as it's their anniversary and have preformed before without Freddie.

Edited by bekimo

As far as Social Distortion goes just checked their Euro tour dates and they have festival dates 11th and 12th

But they have the 10th Free

So if they played it'd be on the Friday

He mentioned a while ago that Ozzy wouldnt be playing, but in the same tweet he also said Rob Zombie wouldnt be playing (later claimed that he wasnt, and then became available again and so was)

Not sure if hes confirmed the third headliner yet; and theres no hype around it so id have to wonder if hes managed it yet.

It needs to be blockbuster though really.

He mentioned a while ago that Ozzy wouldnt be playing, but in the same tweet he also said Rob Zombie wouldnt be playing (later claimed that he wasnt, and then became available again and so was)

Not sure if hes confirmed the third headliner yet; and theres no hype around it so id have to wonder if hes managed it yet.

It needs to be blockbuster though really.