Bestival 2011

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just food for thought, but I think - if it was somebody 'current', they would have released such information sooner as a means of selling tickets faster; bit like Pendulum. I have a feeling the last headliner will be somebody that won't be there to shift tickets - an acquired taste, like My Bloody Valentine a few years back maybe. I mean, let's face it, if you don't buy a ticket to Bestival this year based on what you already see with the line-up, you won't be decided by the time they release information on the 3rd headliner.

I was going to suggest Morrissey but with The Cure headlining on Saturday, I definitely can't see him playing. He could, easily, but he just won't. I reckon it'll be another legendary band or artist from years past; somebody of the 'Prince' or David Bowie variety - late 70s, 80s or early 90s. Can't see it being Chemical Brothers or Radiohead. If it's somebody a bit leftfield, a bit of an acquired taste, I'd probably say Jane's Addiction or Soundgarden.

I know they aren't all that popular on here but I can't wait to see Pendulum on a main stage for the first time. Any ideas when the next announcement will be? My friends are really tempted but waiting until after the Glastonbury resale as they are helping me out with tickets.

Since Beni had crap announcements today, which I'm going to ahead of Glastonbury which had fairly good announcements, I thought I'd better look at the Bestival line up to try and cheer me up

Bands I want to see:

2 Bears, 65daysofstatic, A Skillz, A-Trak, Andy C, Boys Noize, Brandt Brauer Frick, Brian Wilson, Caravan Palace, Carte Blanche, Diplo, DJ Shadow, Emalkay, Emeralds, Fake Blood, Fatboy Slim, Feed Me, Gentleman's Dub Club, Grandmaster Flash, Groove Armada, Magnetic Man, Modeselektor, Mogwai, Pantha du Prince, Public Enemy, SBTRKT, Skrillex, The Cure, The Maccabees, The Selecter, Toots & the Maytals, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Willy Mason, Zane Lowe.

I don't think I'm ever going to be bored. I hope the clashes aren't too bad :-(

LIVE MUSIC FROM: Santigold / Johnny Flynn / King Creosote & Jon Hopkins / Yuck / Mr. Motivator / Foreign Beggars / Dutch Uncles / Ulrich Schnauss / Alice Russell / The Secret Sisters / Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer / Young Rebel Set / Chris Read

DJ SETS FROM: Joy Orbison / Busy P / Mary Anne Hobbs / Modular – Sneaky Sound System, Bag Raiders / Howard Marks (Dubstep Set) / Benji B / Jaguar Skills / The Heatwave Carnival -The Heatwave, Sticky, Lady Chann / Loefah / Bullion / Huw Stephens / Jaymo & Andy George / Kirk Degiorgio / Jon Hopkins / Firas & Jay Karim / Flying White Dots / DRM RLL PLS DJ’s / Sunday Best Forum Allstars / Prince Tribute Trio / Johnno’s Bugged Out New Years Day Set / Fragment Djs / Shepdog

PLUS: Bloco - Bestival Block Party / The Ambient Forest / Swamp Shack / Boom Boom Club / Black Out Gigs / Wunder Kabinet / Classic Album Sundays