Bestival 2011

Guest 5co77ie

Third headliner got announced in March last year, the forum gave them a massive list of potential headliners. I'm hoping for Sigur Ros. I also hope they try and get Arcade Fire again (asked them but they didn't want to).

Just hoping we find out soon!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I saw rob tweet to someone saying he hadn't got one yet (About 2-4 days ago). He'd have said I would have thought when he sealed a deal.

No idea who it'll be, Orbital hopefully.

Am I right in thinking the cure have a massive slot, 3 hours or something? The last time I saw them at oxegen I wasn't too impressed, I wandered off to Hope of the States I think, followed by the Killers. If it's a 3 hour set I'd have time to wander back again!

As much as I love their first 3 albums, I'd be happier with a greatest hits set or 'Disintegration + hits'. If most people going to see them are more or less casual fans, they'd be more inclined to have heard of songs from 'The Head on the Door' than 'Seventeen Seconds'. They'd be great in the presence of an exclusively Cure audience but not necessarily in front of people that only want to hear something like 'Galore'.

Read on the forums that Rob may have the headliner. Replying to someone who said something like "I don't think it's possible for the lineup to get any better" and Rob replied saying "It's about to get better".

Hopefully we'll find out something soon, just thought some of you would like to know