Bestival 2011

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camp Bestival is family oriented (infact I think there was 18,000 adults and 12,000 kids last year. Loads for them to do, but with plenty stuff for adults too.

Bestival is mainly for adults, but you can take kids.

Ordered my ticket today, so I have now have numerous questions mainly about the ferry.

I currently don't have enough money for the ferry but when would people recommend buying tickets for the ferry. Also what sort of times should I try to book my crossing for.

In terms of music is it from Friday - Sunday or is there some stuff on Thursday too? Also how close are all the stages to each other, so if I have a clash would it be possible seeing half sets or are the stages too far apart to try and do this?

In terms of camping, are there any campsites which people would recommend? - best atmosphere, nearest the arena, stuff like that

As this is my first Bestival it would be good to get some advice

In terms of music is it from Friday - Sunday or is there some stuff on Thursday too? Also how close are all the stages to each other, so if I have a clash would it be possible seeing half sets or are the stages too far apart to try and do this?

In terms of camping, are there any campsites which people would recommend? - best atmosphere, nearest the arena, stuff like that

Okay that's for the advice Couchy! Sounds like I will be able to see loads of stuff then, especially as the Main Stage and the Big Top look close to each other (I'm guessing they are the main two stages!)

Does anyone have any ferry advice though?

Haha, I can think of one problem with that though, and thats managing to take all your stuff with you and keep it dry!

Also does anyone know when the third headliner usually gets announced? and are there any rumours of who it will be?

Oh right, well I can imagine swimming being good fun then!

In terms of the third headliner, I know it is unlikely but I would quite like it to be The Beastie Boys, depending on health issues of course.

If Wu-Tang Clan got announced too I would be so happy but does anyone know if they are a Glasto exclusive?