So it's U2- Fri, Prince- Sunday...

Guest cheekycheeky

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can still see Gaga playing

Eavis always takes you away from hints doesn't he, otherwise what would be the fun in Lineup day? Lady Gaga is the biggest artist in the world at the current moment, so it seems logical that the biggest act in the world plays the best festival right?

Mumford and Sons are utter tosh, never been into them at all. Across the line up I'd like to see at least 3/4 of..

Battles

Dinosaur Jr.

The Walkmen

Pixies

Interpol

Eels

The Shins

A Place To Bury Strangers

Jenny Lewis

Belle & Sebastian

Les Savy Fav

Best Coast

Yuck

Naww, I'm in Liverpool so travelling to Islington to see a band I like but not completely adore would be a bit much. I did however see them open one of the days at Leeds this year.. they were awesome, but definitely lost amongst the shoddy Leeds crowd (along with Modest Mouse who were on not long after them).

Edited by teenageriot

Naww, I'm in Liverpool so travelling to Islington to see a band I like but not completely adore would be a bit much. I did however see them open one of the days at Leeds this year.. they were awesome, but definitely lost amongst the shoddy Leeds crowd (along with Modest Mouse who were on not long after them).

The Friday was lovely for sure. Walkmen, Modest Mouse, Arcade Fire, Yuck.. awesome. But yeah they were definitely not appreciated on the main stage and most people did want to hear Float On. They played Gravity Rides Everything though which was definitely the highlight for me.. probably my favourite song by them joint with Convenient Parking and One Chance <3

Would've preferred to have seen them in the NME tent, even though it's not the best place it's better than main stage. Thinking of going to see The Black Keys in November, The Walkmen are supporting them so it's a double whammy of brilliance.

G'n'R will not play, RHCP are awful live, XX John Peel/Park maybe other no hope, KOL your most likely right they will be there but there new album is atrocious, Drums yup, TDCC hopefully but they might be back in the studio by the time glasto rolls around, I shall assume Kasabian as a headliner was a joke

All the above is of course nothing but opinion of course

hahahahaha, erm no. I don't read NME, maybe they just share my sparkling good taste in music, or maybe they're popular bands cos they're great.... no, no, sorry that's just crazy talk. ;)

I take it you're one of those who if a band has a following that might actually fill a descent sized venue they're no longer acceptable to enjoy? :)

Having scanned a bit more it would appear as a newbie I've fallen foul of a seasoned naysar of all and sundry.

In light of this I only feel it's fair to ask. Who would you like to see? (sorry if you've already nailed your colours to the mast, but I've not got time to trawl the thread)

p.s. For the record It's XFM who spoonfeed me an opinion on music...all hail XFM.

apologies, I was only mildly ribbing you, no genuine offence was meant of course.

Speaking only in terms of pyramid stage headliners, my dream headliners would be: flaming lips, nick cave and the bad seeds and someone like david bowie. Obviously this isnt going to happen so the headliners I would like to see who have a realistic chance would be:

fri: elbow

sat: arcade fire

sun: radiohead

As for your accusation that I drop a band when they pick up a large following this isnt true, as I have followed elbow from the asleep at the back days and also have seen arcade fire from the beginning, and both are now selling out arenas and I'm still a fan. Of course I much preferred the olden days but I dont begrudge them their success. My beloved I am Kloot (who I would also love to see on next years bill) appear to be heading in the same direction now, but thankfully I cant see them ever playing arenas!

However, I am a grumpy old fart so there arent many new bands out that I like. In fact, I cant think of any! The last album I bought was Grinderman 2, and I dont think you can exactly call them an up and coming young band!

I would definitely be happy with that ^. Though I'd have a bit of a hard time picking over the Sunday headliners (before even seeing Park/JP/other headliners). Probably have to go for the Chems though as I've never seen them.

I'm gonna definitely be seeing U2 this year. Wouldn't exactly call myself a fan in any way but since I'm gonna be there and they're one of the biggest bands in the world, I'd watch them. Plus I think their show would be marvellous. That is of course if Pixies or someone as equally amazing wasn't headlining Other or something.

I would definitely be happy with that ^. Though I'd have a bit of a hard time picking over the Sunday headliners (before even seeing Park/JP/other headliners). Probably have to go for the Chems though as I've never seen them.

I'm gonna definitely be seeing U2 this year. Wouldn't exactly call myself a fan in any way but since I'm gonna be there and they're one of the biggest bands in the world, I'd watch them. Plus I think their show would be marvellous. That is of course if Pixies or someone as equally amazing wasn't headlining Other or something.

Hey,

No worries, I'm only giving as good as I get. It was all said a bit tongue in cheek :)

I agree David Bowie would be another level, so let's hope one day we might just get that show.

fri: elbow - would love to see them, but I do wonder if they would be the other stage to U2's pyramid show?

sat: arcade fire - again, AMAZING band their recent online collab http://thewildernessdowntown.com/ is great. I think that sadly they also haven't quite made it big enough here to be a headliner, I would see them on the other stage too?

sun: radiohead - not a huge fan, but i think a show like Glasto can change that.

To be honest, i think other than U2 it's all a bit for the taking at the moment.

how about:

Pyramid:

Fri: U2

Sat: Radiohead

Sun: Prince

Other:

Fri: Elbow

Sat: Arcade Fire

Sun: Chemical Brothers

?

Radiohead v Arcade Fire would be a terrible clash, but I think Radiohead would just edge it. Probably because I've never seen them and I have seen and am going to see AF.

Prince is pure fantasy at the moment. I won't get my hopes up until it's on the official site...