Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah if it's going to rain any more than a few light showers, it's better that it's on Sunday when you've only got a day left.

If anything, it's just a novelty then because you know there's no long slog of it.

Only 'properly' muddy festival I've been to was Leeds 2008. It rained an absolute shit ton on the Wednesday evening and the mud was horrific. I didn't go prepared after a dustbowl in 2007 being my first festival. Reckon if the heavens had opened on the Sunday instead, I'd have loved it.

Still had a great time, just the constant wading takes it out of you.

I think the weather makes such a big difference to the enjoyment of Glastonbury. If weather is good (or even just ok which I think we're going to get) then there's no where I'd rather be - if not like in 97/98 (wasn't there in 2007) then it really is total poo and I'd rather be somewhere else to be honest.

[/quote

I agree, just ok weather will be ok by me, i did not like the very hot 2010 Glastonbury at all, the weather that is. Going on Tuesday night this time,but looking at weather forcasts it looks pretty grim, i'll stick i out though, its my last one,but should it be a real muddy one i am afraid i will be elsewhere.:(

I agree, just ok weather will be ok by me, i did not like the very hot 2010 Glastonbury at all, the weather that is. Going on Tuesday night this time,but looking at weather forcasts it looks pretty grim, i'll stick i out though, its my last one,but should it be a real muddy one i am afraid i will be elsewhere.:(

The deluge we were promised for Glastonbury Town today turned out to be an hour of fairly heavy rain, an hour of persistent not-so-heavy rain, followed by several hours of light drizzle. With the odd dry spell in between. I can now see the stars.

Over the weekend (and over the early part of next week) we have been promised more rain - but nothing on the scale of what failed to materialise today.

Keep thinking positive. It only takes a little sunshine in between the showers to dry that ground out.

Yeah if it's going to rain any more than a few light showers, it's better that it's on Sunday when you've only got a day left.

If anything, it's just a novelty then because you know there's no long slog of it.

Only 'properly' muddy festival I've been to was Leeds 2008. It rained an absolute shit ton on the Wednesday evening and the mud was horrific. I didn't go prepared after a dustbowl in 2007 being my first festival. Reckon if the heavens had opened on the Sunday instead, I'd have loved it.

Still had a great time, just the constant wading takes it out of you.

I was putting up my pop up (!) tent on a soaked, muddy field in the dark with the rain coming at me from a 45 degree angel! We also tried putting up a gazibo but failed miserably.

By about midnight there were pools in the already sodden tent and when I stepped outside to brave it my foot went through a foot of mud.

It dried up a fair bit on the Thursday though and I had a great weekend!

I was putting up my pop up (!) tent on a soaked, muddy field in the dark with the rain coming at me from a 45 degree angel! We also tried putting up a gazibo but failed miserably.

By about midnight there were pools in the already sodden tent and when I stepped outside to brave it my foot went through a foot of mud.

It dried up a fair bit on the Thursday though and I had a great weekend!

I went to leeds 07 as my first fest,and it was so sunny,my eyes couldnt handle it,and 08 as the 2nd,muddy as heck,what a difference!.

i think i hold up better agiasnt a little mud and mild heat instead of intense heat,the scot blood in me makes me burn easy!.

glasto 09 was just right,nice temperature,warm,a little bit of showers,but nothing serious.

From what I can see, and from my limited understanding of such things, even if we do get some rain it won't be to the level of 2007 where it was unending soul destroying drizzle.

I am beginning to think I would stick with a couple of showers on the sunday although it's been all over the place this week and with Jackone (a notable cynic) still on a 6 then we should be ok!

Just had a bloody massive rain/hail storm in Clevedon (nr. Bristol) now the sun is out. Weather madness thats what this is. Is it too early for a brothers?