Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point I was making was that it was Neil who posted that image.

Was it posted in a thread about the weather, or was it in a thread which title clearly shows what the thread is about? We live in a hugely sexist society, and me no less than others am not immune from being effected by it. However, some are able to recognise it for what it is, while others clearly aren't as this thread got to prove.

As I've said, I don't expect perfection. But after two days of people ignoring requests for the sexist posts in this thread to stop, and after a number of complaints about them - including a number of people being driven away from this site because they didn't like that content - then action needed taking for things to be reigned in.

While some might like to drag the argument up again, I suggest that they re-read the thread and note the number of posts from people who have expressed their dislike for the sexism that was being unnecessarily displayed in a weather thread. Hopefully those other people's words might sink in where my own have failed.

"Sexism" :lol:

And still Neil, you're yet to tell us how posting pictures of women in beachwear sexist.

You've dodged and you've dodged the question, you even put a block on my posts once you realised you couldn't actually justify it.

You've EVEN put a warning on my profile, for doing absolutely nothing other than politely arguing a point with you (in the face of some utterly classless personal insults from yourself).

Shameful.

Edited by arcade fireman

And still Neil, you're yet to tell us how posting pictures of women in beachwear sexist.

You've dodged and you've dodged the question, you even put a block on my posts once you realised you couldn't actually justify it.

You've EVEN put a warning on my profile, for doing absolutely nothing other than politely arguing a point with you (in the face of some utterly classless personal insults from yourself).

Shameful.

objectifying women IS sexist. I'm able to recognise it for what it is even when I'm guilty of sometimes doing it myself. It's a shame you don't have the same ability to recognise it.

Unlike you, I'm not defending my own actions, even tho my own sexist posts were in a thread where the title made clear what it was - unlike the posts here, which had no place here.

You claim them as "harmless fun" - yet people have posted to say they were offended. How's that the "harmless" thing you believe it is?

pretty soon we'll have the same amount of people expressing their dislike for the non-weather related content being unnecessarily displayed in a weather thread....i'll be first...anyone else care to join me?

Edited by chopper4001

Right had enough just started a new thread entitled the run up weather thread.

Rules of thread are :-

Weather talk only

No bad language

no inappropriate pictures

Please abide by these rules if you are not happy or would rather play in the playground please use the weather thread from page 165 onwards.

I had a lovely bath, as it was sunny out, by the time I'd eaten a sarnie it was cloudy.

We were talking about high pressure from wednesday and it was sunny, we are arguing and it is cloudy. Can you see the link?

Mr NeilCantStopMe you are doing nothing to improve the image of people who you seek to defend (and indeed probably are) and the arguing is just rubbish, not what people want to read about. Please just stop trying to provoke someone into anger so that you can then show how unreasonable they are.

If we stop arguing, start talking about the weather and thinking positive thoughts the sun will come out again and I can sit in my garden for a bit. That would be lovely.