Elbow

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been reading an article about the new album 'Build A Rocket Boys!'. Is anyone else a little worried about Guy's mentioning of writing the album with arenas in mind?

I love Elbow's 'bigger' sounding music. But it's always the subtle, slow burners, that make them great. In my humble opinion.

Loving the new track! I am so hoping that they play this year. I would get tickets for the O2 but can't afford it with so many things to pay for before June. It would just be amazing... they have to be there!

• 3 weeks later...

I notice from their site that they are playing at a festival in Luxembourg on the Sunday of Glasto. I reckon they will either headline the other stage or be 2nd bill on the Pyramid on the Friday or Saturday.

Seeing them in Brighton 27th March thanks to a lovely Xmas present from my Sis and her husband. :)

I think I may have just had my first moment of clash anxiety for the coming fest. Really excited about Jimmy Cliff earlier and thought "that's my Friday headline slot sorted" then just remembered that with the Luxembourg gig, Friday is probably the most likely day for Elbow, who I can't help think will be Other Stage headliners.

That would really angst me out. Would probably have to go with Elbow though. But then, I've never seen Jimmy. And I'm seeing Elbow in March in Sheffield. And I don't really like the Other Stage that much.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm doing it already........ :(

Headlining the Pyramid or Other surely, Probably Other. Regardless, if they are there I'll be watching them.

Out of curiosity, anyone else think Leaders of the Free World is a better album than Seldom Seen Kid? I get shot down for voicing this opinion often, just wondered if anyone at all agreed with me.