Hard Rock Calling 2011

Guest judyblue110

Well, if that is true, as much as I'd like to see Prince, I'll be giving it a miss this year. He's not a big enough pull for me, especially when the other 2 days are so... well, sub-HRC quality.

I'm going to go gigging it round the country instead... There are some quality acts on tour the time of HRC/Glasto this year, and I'm off in search of them! ;)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for us either - we've never been into Prince! So much for our high hopes of getting the great Dylan supported by Tom Petty :( - maybe next year?

Well, I got tickets to see Paul Simon in Glasgow today for the Friday night. (Can't believe he's playing the Clyde Auditorium!!!)

Rod Stewart is completely bollocks (I'm open to "Everyone's entitled to their opinions..." but not with Rod, he's honestly just bollocks).

And Bon Jovi aren't my cup of tea (though I would have endured them had it been a cracking weekend).

Hence, as much as I hate to say it... I'm 100% not going this year. Pretty gutted too, the last few years have been absolutely outstanding. Some of the best days of my short life so far have been spent having a blast in Hyde Park.

To all those still going, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have - in fact, I know you will. They will pull off a good supporting lineup, I'm sure.

Does ANYONE know if there will be a HRC 2012? (with the Olympics and all, I thought it doubtful...) If so, maybe see you there! :)

Who knows if there will be a HRC in 2012 there's hardly a festival in 2011! Honestly though less than 3 months away and 3 artists announced, last year was late but this year is just shoddy organising. I really hope for them that they have something special up their sleeves as I think Sat will be fine near enough a full house with Jovi but I can see them struggling to shift ticks for the Sunday unless they have some strong artists on the bill.

Wouldn't mind seeing Texas and Amy McDonald there for the Scottish connection.

Really? You don't think Coldplay are 'something major'? Like them or not they're easily big enough to sell out Hyde Park. Whether they'll appeal to HRC regulars I don't know - I went to two of the nights last year (Macca & Stevie) purely because of who was playing, it was hardly even a festival, just a series of big gigs in a park. They don't (as far as I recall) even have other stages. The only difference between these gigs and others like Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon there this summer is the sponsorship. Don't fool yourselves that there's a 'HRC type' of act, it's a company looking to find acts to fill a field for a night, and therefore anything goes.

Adam Ant & The Good, The Mad And The Lovely Posse, Rumer, Mike + The Mechanics, The Lighthouse Family and Barenaked Ladies for the Sunday.

Ryan Bingham and Everline for the Sunday.

Not pushed the boat out have they.

No Friday headliner yet.

Oh, I'm not doubting they're big enough, but I think completely there's a HRC type of act. It's not like they'd book Metallica or someone is it? They're generally going to have to go for stuff classed as legendary otherwise it's not going to sell to their demographic, which it has for even gigs like these.