Hard Rock Calling 2011

Guest judyblue110

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray Davies added to bill under Bon Jovi! not a bad anouncement i guess! still lots more names to follow though! still holding out for James! even though HRC isnt exactly their scene!

And in a positive note Richie Sambora is expected to be out of rehab and joining his band mates back for the start of their European tour which kicks of at the start of June! my first Jovi date this year is the 13th in Munich! bring it on! :D

Edited by InMuseWorld

Too late to be honest, we have accidentally booked a holiday over the top of it, and we are one couple out of 5 on the holiday, so I don't think the rest will be happy if I move it for a concert :lol: (thats the real reason :D )

My fault I could have sworn that HRC was in late July and not June - hey ho :rolleyes:

They really should have asked your permision first before booking them!! Lol

I Noticed on wiki about a month ago it said The Kaisers and James (also said Jessie J so I expect she will be announced too). Today looking at Wiki it also says Jimmy Eat World are on the 2nd stage so maybe that's true too.

B@gger! Been 3 out of the last 4 years always gone for the full three days. But this year we decide to miss the Friday and go Sat and Sun so it works out a little cheaper and we can afford a nicer hotel. Only to wake up to this!!!

Feel slightly cheated, Friday looks like a festival a proper line-up. Saturday is a Jovi gig, I think all Jovi fans have to realise their not the band they used to be in attracting decent support acts. This will be my 9th Jovi gig and I've seen Nickleback, Billy Idol and Van Halen support them in the past. Now we get this drivel just not as credible as they used to be. Of course Ray Davies is a nice bonus - but the rest???

And the less said about Sunday the better, well apart from Adam Ant he's either going to be really good or completely off his tits!

Disappointed.

Hey guys, never been to this before. Considering getting a ticket for the friday. I know it's not really important but i was wondering if you get a canvas band even if you are only there for 1 day? Need to try sort some cheap transport from scotland, any ideas?

Hey guys, never been to this before. Considering getting a ticket for the friday. I know it's not really important but i was wondering if you get a canvas band even if you are only there for 1 day? Need to try sort some cheap transport from scotland, any ideas?

guys i need some help, roughly what time does it finish, specifically the friday? I'm trying to book transport home but dont want to book a train that i will miss. I'm guessing it finishes sometime around 22.00/22.30? Any info would be great

guys i need some help, roughly what time does it finish, specifically the friday? I'm trying to book transport home but dont want to book a train that i will miss. I'm guessing it finishes sometime around 22.00/22.30? Any info would be great

Hi Tori

The gig will finish about 22:30ish and you should be out and on the roads within about 10-15 mins based on previous experience. Lancaster Gate & Marble Arch tube stations are very close by and Paddington Station is easily walkable, but the tubes might be a bit busy.

I would be very careful with trains, 2 yrs ago I was told I could board a Virgin train that was 10 mins earlier than mine (due to delays), when on the train another Virigin employee told me my ticket wasn't valid and stung me for a full price ticket of £100! Best to sit around for an extra 30 mins bored than have that happen.

Hi thanks for your reply, I opted just to stay in a travelodge as I am not familiar with London and didn't want to chance getting lost and missing my train. Also, travelling to and from scotland in one day is quite alot! Hope I can manage to use the tube to get to hyde park, look very confusing!! I am staying near kings cross station.

Tori the tube isn't that hard to follow and there are plenty of maps on the walls and on the tube trains themselves. Also there are usually tube staff about to explain the route when you hit one of the main train stations.