Who Are You Going With?

Guest Dave The Hedgehog

Going with 3 mates. Though it's a tad complecated at the moment due to one of them having been diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic (sp?). He was due to go last year but dropped out at the last minute, but the condition had only just reared it's head then. A year on and he's drinking way too much (shouldn't be drinking at all on the meds but we can't get him to stop because he says it "helps him forget his condition") a couple of examples being - on a night where no one else was drinking he promised to go easy, but ended up drinking 12 bottles of peroni in about 2 and a half hours. Another time we were round a friends house, and one he'd finished his own been he started drinking everyone else's without asking. I don't think he should be going and need to talk to his parents/girlfriend about their take on it.

Apologies for giving what was probably far too much information, but I needed to vent.

Going with 3 mates. Though it's a tad complecated at the moment due to one of them having been diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic (sp?). He was due to go last year but dropped out at the last minute, but the condition had only just reared it's head then. A year on and he's drinking way too much (shouldn't be drinking at all on the meds but we can't get him to stop because he says it "helps him forget his condition") a couple of examples being - on a night where no one else was drinking he promised to go easy, but ended up drinking 12 bottles of peroni in about 2 and a half hours. Another time we were round a friends house, and one he'd finished his own been he started drinking everyone else's without asking. I don't think he should be going and need to talk to his parents/girlfriend about their take on it.

Apologies for giving what was probably far too much information, but I needed to vent.

Cheers man, my main concerns (outside of the drinking) are that 1) when he gets really wasted he gets into this zombie mode where he just wants to go home and he can't fathom why anyone would want to stay out - and I'm the one who's driving. And 2) part of his condition that when he hears people talking and can't make out what they're saying, he assumes it's something nasty about him. It's bad in small crowds, imagine the tricks his mind will play while he's in his tent surrounded by people at a festival!

Oh and it's Reading, not Leeds ;)

Cheers man, my main concerns (outside of the drinking) are that 1) when he gets really wasted he gets into this zombie mode where he just wants to go home and he can't fathom why anyone would want to stay out - and I'm the one who's driving. And 2) part of his condition that when he hears people talking and can't make out what they're saying, he assumes it's something nasty about him. It's bad in small crowds, imagine the tricks his mind will play while he's in his tent surrounded by people at a festival!

Oh and it's Reading, not Leeds ;)

There's 3 of us this year, me and two mates, me 33, them 34 (the old c**ts).

First time that it hasn't just been me and the one mate since '04. Long gone are the days of 6-7, never managed to get into double figures. Festivals weren't cool back in my day

Im going with about 100 odd people :P

Admittedly not all together initially but most of our town migrates to Leeds fest each year and we all camp together

Always in blue and we put our massive Hambleton district up against the fence :)

Edited by Dan R