Ticket Sales

Guest hitmanhague

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Sonisphere Facebook, the event sold out. It was quite busy but nothing compared to what it's like at Glasto or Reading!

Nice of them to slap a weekend ticket on my mates wrist when he had a day ticket!

no way jose did it sell out. they are just saying that so people next year will be like 'oooh this festival is now a fest that sells out so perhaps should buy a ticket early instead of risking it and leaving it last minute'....its just tactics and propaganda!!

So it did sell way more tickets this year. Looks like I was right again ;)

55,000 is fairly impressive for it's 2nd year running. Okay so when they sold out, it isn't completely sold out - Download say the same thing for example. But when they are pretty much at capacity and tbh it definitely seemed that way, then it is essentially sold out give or take maybe a few 100 or 1000 tickets. Anyways, the capacity isn't going to increase, apparently they want to keep the numbers the same (for the time being anyways). Which I think is for the best, the site was busy enough this year and I don't think I'd like it to be much busier.

it's a good fest but there's no way i'd pay the going rate for one. picked up one on friday morning for £68 on ebay so was quite chuffed. got there and back from scotland for the same price as most paid face value.

definitely going to work it next year with festaff if they'll have me and the line up is good for me.

I think with day tickets for the Sunday maybe they did sell out the Sunday, but to be honest seeing how many more people were there on the Sunday compared to the previous days, no way did it completely sell out!

I do think it's a nice size event though so they shouldn't even consider increasing the capacity.

• 5 months later...

It did sell out last year - but not until the day so you should be okay.

That being said, ticket sales are meant to be a lot better this year and day tickets aren't looking likely. Reason being Sonisphere has a camping and arena capacity that is equal, so if they sell day tickets, that takes away a ticket from a weekend goer which is a bit unfair. If weekend camping doesn;t sell out by May I imagine they might put some day tickets out but these'll be very limited and difficult to get, so if you really want to go I'd just get a weekend one. What's the fun in only going to a festival for a day?

It did sell out last year - but not until the day so you should be okay.

That being said, ticket sales are meant to be a lot better this year and day tickets aren't looking likely. Reason being Sonisphere has a camping and arena capacity that is equal, so if they sell day tickets, that takes away a ticket from a weekend goer which is a bit unfair. If weekend camping doesn;t sell out by May I imagine they might put some day tickets out but these'll be very limited and difficult to get, so if you really want to go I'd just get a weekend one. What's the fun in only going to a festival for a day?

You've decided 'the rest of the line up is shite', when most of it hasn't been announced? Nice one! Wait and see, but most people if they like Metallica for example will probably like a host of bands over the weekend....Weezer are a bit of a curve ball though I suppose. However I guess it's up to you to ask yourself is Weezer alone worth going for? All I'm saying is Day tickets might not be on sale, and if they are they'll be really limited, so don't expect them.

• 2 weeks later...