I feel gutted that I didn't take full advantage last year

Guest sizzlefee

Last year was my first Glasto and I was new to the whole festival atmosphere..

however I didn't go to any late night areas, or any bars or discos and i'm feeling gutted now..

Glad I found these forums so I know exactly what to take advantage of this year.. I will definately be raving it up till the early hours!

Are the late night areas and bars etc open on the wed and thurs as well??

Last year was my first Glasto and I was new to the whole festival atmosphere..

however I didn't go to any late night areas, or any bars or discos and i'm feeling gutted now..

Glad I found these forums so I know exactly what to take advantage of this year.. I will definately be raving it up till the early hours!

Are the late night areas and bars etc open on the wed and thurs as well??

The Park is a pretty good area to head for on Wednesday and Thursday.

Don't ever feel gutted about missing stuff at glastonbury because there will always be stuff you missed, but you will usually have missed it because of something else you did.

I often end up back at my tent at the end of the headliners despite my best intentions to party on, but that's just because I've done so much all day. Sometimes i really make up my mind that I will be out late, and for that i have to look at some of the acts earlier in the day and think - no, i'm going to give

that a miss and chill a bit so i have some energy left for later.

Red Bull helps of course!

It was my first Glasto last year too...infact it was my first festival ever!

I didn't make it to the last-night areas either, bit of a combination of just being in awe of the size of the place and trying to squeeze as much in as possible during the daytime that I just ran out of steam by the time midnight came around.

As this year I know what to expect and I'll be more prepared I'm determined to pace myself and get to see some of the stuff I missed last year.

To be honest I don't feel gutted I didn't get to see it all though, it just means it will be a completely different experience again this year with more things to see that I haven't already :D

No, I left everything there last year. Best Glastonbury I've been to.

Sitting on chairs drinking red wine watching Neil Young SLAY, drunken fist pumping to THE BOSS, near tears in a circle of my best friends to Blur, and everything that went with those memories. Time of my life.

2008 was my first festival ever and arrived on the Saturday for various reasons. Didn't make it to the late night areas - or many of the other areas really. Last year was much better for being there from Thursday and getting to more places.

I think the first time awe means you are happier just soaking it in rather than searching out things to keep yourself occupied. Of course the great thing about Glastonbury is the sheer quantity of things to discover - you can't do it all in one year and you should never try.

I wouldn't feel regret if I were you. You only find out when you find out and you didn't know at the time but I'm sure you still had a great weekend so what is there to regret? you know for this year and that is what matters!

its just too bloody big... :)

this is my 4th year,..... and I still havent made it to stone circle for sunset / sunrise.... this is on my 'to do' list this year... but we will see :)

also, last year was the 1st year I have made it to trash city / shangri la area = and the minute i turned the corner... oh my word..... completly different world up there.... its bloody fantastic.......

i simply want to watch snoop dogg this year (hope i am on an early shift) and the rest I will leave to chance,,,,,,

2 week tomorrow and i am off.....

Although there's something to "It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't" (*), I don't think it applies too much to Glastonbury.

As long as you were either having fun or sleeping, you're golden.

(* And by the way, if your mother calls...)

I always go with full intention of making the most of the late night areas and watching the sun rise from the stone circle, but i'm always too knackered! Last year mustered up the energy to go and walk around the last night bits a couple of times but was too tired to get into the swing of things lol.

Can't imagine i'll ever be up late enough to watch the sun rise!

I found the Shangri-la and trash city uncomfortably crowded, crowded to the point that I was trying to supress a pannic attack. :unsure:

Tis a pity as it looked good, but way to rammed for confort.

Edited by ukslim

I missed all the late night stuff last year at my first Glasto too. I don't regret it because I'm going back this year and will make more of a point of staying up and heading down that way later on. It's such a huge place, it's impossible to see everything. I didn't get to the Park, missed sunset/sunrise at the stones, didn't go to flagtopia, didn't see the stone dragon or the rabbit hole or the tunnel, so those things are on my list for this time. I didn't spend much time in any of the venues either so I want to explore a bit. I want to go in Croissant Neuf, I want to see the Spiegeltent in the dance village, and I want to go up the Park tower. I didn't see the Kidz field either, but I'm camping near there this year so I will see what goes on for the short ones :D

No regrets for me, just an uncontrollable urge to go again and see what I missed last time :D

Just after the main stages close, that's what you'll find. It did get silly -- joining a shuffling, dense queue, only to end up in an area that was too densely crowded to have fun in... and a one-way system that meant you couldn't abandon the queue without disobeying stewards.

If you don't like crazy crowds, you need to go before, or after, this peak time. I had a fantastic time there last year while Springsteen was playing.

Also, the area is bigger this year, and there appear to be a couple more routes in and out. *Perhaps* that will reduce the crowd problems.

double edged sword; stay up all night getting trashed, sleep in and miss first acts following day.

I'm gonna try and balance things a bit more this year :lol: stay up lateish, get pretty wasted and aim to get up and about earlier next day.

Saying that i'll probably revert to my default setting ;)