Guest festival_badger

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 bottles of Southern

24/36 cans of lager

Box of white wine

Tend to drink the Southern straight at festivals as it's great for later on to keep you topped up and means you don't keep rushing off to the toilet! Though half a bottle on top of drinking all day usually tend to leave me muntered rather than just topped up! :P

To keep my cans cool I sit them in the porch and put a foil emergency blanket over the box in such a way that only the bottom of the crate isn't covered, means the cold ground chills the cans :P

Will make some skittles vodka and possibly try some other sweets, although neither werther's originals or kola kubes turned out nice for me.

Suspect I'll take vodka, coke and cheapo red bull again and some empty plastic bottles to mix them in, and possibly something like irish knights or apple sourz. I really want to take a crate of something but there is no way I'll be able to carry it. Oh and boxes of cider.

Edited by Nyika

Will make some skittles vodka and possibly try some other sweets, although neither werther's originals or kola kubes turned out nice for me.

Suspect I'll take vodka, coke and cheapo red bull again and some empty plastic bottles to mix them in, and possibly something like irish knights or apple sourz. I really want to take a crate of something but there is no way I'll be able to carry it. Oh and boxes of cider.

dark rum and ginger beer tastes okay warm, so long as the ginger beer isn't insufferably sweet.

otherwise some nice ales (decanted into plastic bottles, obv) tastes okay warm as well.

anything but warm carling. the days of leeds 06... *shudder*

I take a top-end, aged sipping tequila. An acquired taste to drink on it's own I know, but I find the effect is perfect for Glasto!

Freeze it down and pop it into a thermos: last year it was still cold on the sunday! (or maybe it was just the tent was red hot! :P). It's then in my trusty hip-flask for as and when required.

We also take a red wine box each and a decent bottle of red for the first day bottle decanted into a metal camping bottle.

A few cold un's on the way round the site too and you're sorted.

Methinks the annual Skittle vodka thread needs to be started! :P

My personal fave tipple is LusciousLucy's (Now 8 years old) Traditional Daytime Glastonbury Cocktail:

Take/bring -

1 bottle of Stolichnaya

3 bottles of soda water

1 bottle of Cranberry and Raspberry cordial

1 small bottle of lime juice

1 empty litre bottle to mix into

Mix above ingredients accordingly to taste into empty plastic litre bottle. Walk around site sipping the very refreshing homemade cocktail constantly from about 10am onwards. Fall over by about 6pm for a short while and then get up and hit the ciders and other fun for the rest of the day and night. Sleep for about 3 hours from 6-9am and then start the process all over again until cocktail ingredients run out and replace with G&Ts! :P

I usually take flavoured vodka or spirits of some sort, but after a bad experience with the stuff I'm sticking to lager and pear cider. I might take a bit of JD in a hipflask but nothing else really. I don't really do a lot of drinking at festivals.

I assume you're quite young. The time will come when all your mates are getting married and the bloody stuff will get forced down your throat at every single reception.

It *is* quite nice though, when they make it up with all the fruit and whatnot. Not very macho...