Virus?

Guest NeilVJ

I don't doubt you are. The thing is that in this case (whether it was avoidable or not) you missed a loophole that some hackers exploited, a quick apology and reassurance would've made a lot of people feel much better.

No I didn't. It was a vulnerability that wasn't known of when I left my computer on Friday night.

The reassurance was given at 8:30am when I posted to state that the virus problem was fully resolved.

I don't apologise for having been the victim of a crime.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not, it's still exactly the same.

I can give another demonstration if you'd like.

I asked earlier. Nice that you're willing to help now.

BTW, do you think that routers are maintained at ALL, given that you mentioned them and how they can be so easily hacked earlier? :P

Email me details please - webmaster@efestivals.co.uk.

I got infected (twice for my stupidity!) and I fully put it down to not having updated my Java or Adobe in a long (long long long long) time. I got rid of virus 1 and then came back to efests (having suspected it came from here!!) so then got it again. Fooooolish!

I can't honestly say I blame eFests, had I kept my netbook updated I would have been ok as most other people here seem to have been. Somehow I managed to remain online despite millions of bloody pop ups and got some instructions on how to fix it.

I think maybe this should all just calm down now cos you've gotta be honest, it happened over a (long) weekend and eFests can't fix something they don't know about, and when they did Neil said back at the beginning of this thread he was looking into it, plus it's sorted now anyway. To go back to the analogy of being burgled, if you got robbed you'd be annoyed with whoever did it, but you'd also be annoyed with yourself if you left the windows unlocked :P

Having read the Virus thread and all the talk of efests being closed down, thought I would come out and ask you all giving him a hard time to back off a little. The virus wasn't his fault and soon as he became awre of it he eliminated the problem.

Think of all the work him and the team put into this website and how useful it is to us all before saying some of the stupid things being written in the stated thread i.e 'good riddance'.

Abso-bloody-lutely.

This website doesn't run itself, and it's the best at what it does. Neil's efforts are very much appreciated and what happened over the weekend inconvenienced him as well as others.

Signed.

Totally agree. Neil and his team can't be on here 24/7 (they deserve a bank holiday weekend as well) and as soon as they found out about the problem it was sorted. I understand that people are angry about their computers getting infected, but hey shit happens. There are idiots out there that get a buzz off of doing these things to peoples computers, and they will always try to find a way to do it via any means possible regardless of who's site they infect.

I think everyone should give the guy a break

Team Pricey....

Nope?

Team Angelina....

Nope?

Ok then, must be Team Neil!!!!!

:-)

Hear hear!

This has become such a hot topic I'm expecting David Cameron to be on a podium tomorrow dropping a laptop in the bin and blaming Neil for ruining his festival season.

Gordon Brown will unfortunately suggest a quick trip to Boots to get some paracetamol might help him with his virus.

Nerds and their computers - they're worse than girls over shoes.