Line-up shaping up nicely

Guest kpins

On a personal note I think the line-up is looking the best for years altready (obviously based on rumours). I was really disappointed with last years line-up, and already there are more acts that I would like to see this year......

Stevie Wonder

Chemical Brothers

Orbital

Faithless

Delphic

Vampire Weekend

Phoenix

Hot Chip

Aeroplane

The XX

I understand that its all about personal taste but I personally can't wait for the full line up announcement based on this lot so far.

I know that some people go on how the line-up doesn't matter but I disagree. Glastonbury is essentially a music festival which has built its reputation on the strength of the acts who have played over the years. It must maintain this high standard if it is to keep its relevance. Although I had a brilliant time last year without seeing that many acts that I was bothered about (prob only Friendly fires, Bon Iver and Brucie) I do enjoy it more when there are more acts I love.

:P:P:P

Personally I don't care who play's. I think its more exciting to stumble across new experiences than going to see bands that I've done before (and can see down the road) , although I'm sure I will have some I want to see.. This year I want to see more stages than previously, and less at the pyramid - but we will see.

As long as its a good vibe as glasto usually is , i'm sure then it will be great

Whoever you see I'm sure it will be priceless

Edited by drewsstrat

Part of the reason I wanted to finally give Glasto a go was I've seen all the bands on my to see list, so I'd rather go to a festival with more variety to see things I never would have gone to see otherwise. So I don't really care about the lineup too much, the less names I recognise the better. :P

Personally I don't care who play's. I think its more exciting to stumble across new experiences than going to see bands that I've done before (and can see down the road) , although I'm sure I will have some I want to see.. This year I want to see more stages than previously, and less at the pyramid - but we will see.

As long as its a good vibe as glasto usually is , i'm sure then it will be great

Edited by jimmyt

For me, going by the rumours it's shaping up into the best Glasto for several years with a great range from Stadium Rock Bands like U2 to classics who deserve a Pyramid slot like Ray Davies and Billy Joel. I'd also be delighted to see Rolf back on the Pyramid for an afternoon slot.

Al Stewart could command either the Jazzworld with a big band or do a great slot on the Acoustic Stage.

Billy Bragg should put together a good Leftfield collection and amongst the 'novelty' acts

I'll be very disappointed if Biggles Wartime Band don't put in an appearance. They've become a Glasto tradition for me.

All we really need to round it off is the sunshine.

People, take it from someone who wishes he was there this year. It's the 40th Anniversary. They've been hyping this year up for the last 3 years. They will not miss a beat with this years lineup. It will be special, just like every year, but no one who is lucky enough to have a ticket and a free weekend in June will be dissapointed :P

Going by the efests rumours list, I really want to see the following - I have never seen the ones in red before:

Bootleg Beatles

Christy Moore

Coldplay

Empire of the Sun

Jack Johnson

James Taylor Quartet

Madness

Midlake

Mumford & Sons

Ray Davies

Robert Plant

Robin Ince

Rodrigo y Gabriela

Rolf Harris

Stevie Wonder

The Bad Shepherds

The Gaslight Anthem

Tunng

U2

Vampire Weekend

Willie Nelson

That's a hell of a lot considering we're in March still.

In fact, it's rare I have that many acts I want to see when the line up is complete (I realise all those acts aren't 100% certain to play).

From a personal point of view, I can't remember a year when I was as excited about the line up as this one.

For me personally I do have some favourites who I want to see play, but I wouldn't be too bothered if they don't play because most of the acts who I want to see are still touring bands and to be honest seeing them at their own live gig would be better than seeing them at a festival.

I think that Glastonbury isn't just a music festival like Reading and Leeds, V etc. (I'm not saying it's better as I have never been to either) I think of it as a performing arts festival and covers every single aspect of performance art that you can ever think of.

If it was like other festivals that rely on the line up then we wouldn't all be buying our tickets so early, before one act is even announced! (well unless you count Bodger and Badger :P ), where as at other festivals you have to look at the line up to decide on wether or not you would want to buy a ticket. Take Reading, I was going to go this year because there were rumours that the line up would be more alternative, but looking at the line up it's a bit of a lie and the only real alternative band on there is Weezer. (I'll be waiting to get flamed for this) Therefore I didn't buy a ticket, but I'm considering on getting a ticket just for the Sunday when Weezer are playing.

And I Agree that when there is acts that you like at Glasto it makes the weekend better, but last year I saw only 5 acts each day but still had a brilliant time and see it as the best Glasto out of the 2 that I've been to.

I love comments like this! So you'd be ok if the headliners were Westlife, Leona Lewis and that irritating little oik off X-Factor (could be any of them, or in fact any of judges) would you? Would you, bollocks! You'd be up in arms like everyone else.

The line up isn't everything but people persistenly saying it doesn't matter at all are bizarre. Having faith that there will always be something you want to see because of the size and scale (and, of course, from experience) is one thing but to suggest that who is playing doesn't matter is rubbish.

Edited by fowls

The line up isn't everything but people persistenly saying it doesn't matter at all are bizarre. Having faith that there will always be something you want to see because of the size and scale (and, of course, from experience) is one thing but to suggest that who is playing doesn't matter is rubbish.

I love comments like this! So you'd be ok if the headliners were Westlife, Leona Lewis and that irritating little oik off X-Factor (could be any of them, or in fact any of judges) would you? Would you, bollocks! You'd be up in arms like everyone else.

i've gotta say that if you find that all the bands you like are playing it ties you down to a stage, both times i've been previously i've felt that i turned out to be a slave to the pyramid stage. i wouldnt be that upset to have large gaps in the timings between bands i want to see so that i can wander around some of the smaller stage and catch new acts.

As long as there are a few i like i'll be happy, i'm sure there will be a few i dont like. On top of that im sure the final line up will include about 50% of the acts that i've never heard anything from and thats where the excitement lies

I'm just making the point that its no use beating yourself up running around trying to catch all your favorite

bands - It doesn't make for a good experience,and on paper it looks better ;- You probably end up shattered and you will miss what the real glasto is about...

It does matter that you have good music to listen to

It doesn't matter who's making the music as long as you enjoy it

It can add to the variety to see new acts and take time out and look beyond the music

meet new people, watch some comedy, get a message, sit in the sun

Why else to 130,000 people buy tickets without knowing a single band on the bill!!

Edited by denwyn

Personally I like the line-up as indicated so far.

U2, Jackson Browne, NMA, Orb etc ...

I have been to Glasto on a number of occasions when I wasn't that interested in the main headliners but given the size of the festival I have always found enough good music to keep me happy (and that does not include the myriad of other Glastonbury performing arts treats which abound).

Michael and Emily and their crew always manage to put on a Festival which keeps me fully entertained for days, with a number of music clashes as inevitables...

Well done the Eavii yet again ! :P

U2

Orbital

The Orb

Massive Attack

Hot Chip

Fat Boy Slim

The Chemical Brothers

Empire of the Sun

MGMT

Delphic

Faithless

The (potential) lineup for 2010 is looking very special indeed, it could have been designed just for me.

Keep the positivity brethren, you will have the time of your lives!! :P

Edited by 20/20

Going by the efests rumours list, I really want to see the following - I have never seen the ones in red before:

Bootleg Beatles

Christy Moore

Coldplay

Empire of the Sun

Jack Johnson

James Taylor Quartet

Madness

Midlake

Mumford & Sons

Ray Davies

Robert Plant

Robin Ince

Rodrigo y Gabriela

Rolf Harris

Stevie Wonder

The Bad Shepherds

The Gaslight Anthem

Tunng

U2

Vampire Weekend

Willie Nelson

That's a hell of a lot considering we're in March still.

In fact, it's rare I have that many acts I want to see when the line up is complete (I realise all those acts aren't 100% certain to play).

From a personal point of view, I can't remember a year when I was as excited about the line up as this one.