2nd efestivals Glasto World Cup discussion thread

Guest hogga

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick me down for england mate PLEASE.

I can play where ever you need me except goal i dislocated my shoulder last season trying a overhead kick on the halfway line for my local team. i play every weekend ( both sat and sun) would mean the world to represent the country

PLEASE

i dont mind begging for a shirt

If it comes to it i can play rest of the world it would break my heart. But as both my parents are Irish i deffo qualify i have the gaelic looks to prove it so if you would be so kind please squeeze me in footie is my life.

Edited by smytho15

We are now recruiting players for the 2nd efestivals Glastonbury World Cup in aid of WaterAid, which takes place on Thursday 24th June at 1pm. We need 25 players for each team.

Just as last year I will be managing the England team and Chazeboy will be managing The Rest of the World (ROW) team. England players will need to wear a red T shirt and the ROW players will need navy blue tops.

If you are interested please post a reply and I'll add your name to the list (all people who have already expressed an interest in last years thread will be added shortly).

Once again we will also have a cheerleading squad so if anyone wants to join just add your name to the list.

At last years event we raised over £3000 for WaterAid. This year we have been challenged by Michael Eavis (who will be presenting the trophy to the winners) to raise even more. So if possible could anyone signing up (or even if you are unable to make it but want to help out) please make a small donation at

http://www.justgiving.com/glastoworldcup2010/

England

hogga

Pat Gilbert (Q magazine)

yerjokingarnya

Parmo10

4AssedMonkey

dan05delaney

2/Z

ajt

llcoolphil

SteveP

Absolutelyno

eodsi

liambarton

Frames

Androoo

Tom-BG

alowen

fezzyeads

Drinky

lac999

winnets99

smytho15

ryanbarton

Darranbha

ROW

Chazeboy

Whiteash

Mardy

bigjontour

parTyanimal

rexclark

mckenzie

Boris

5co77ie

roytheboy

Alf Tupper

Ampersand

The Nal

OneLittleFish

glasgowpete

disasterplan

alfoir

AstroActuary

dirtydog

Physio's

norainplease

DeadAmos

Referee

Stutheblue

Cheerleader Coach

PaulTM

Cheerleaders

Mags-Wigan

Fairyinboots

angelheadedhipster

Funkyfairy

Please go to /index.php?showtopic=142649">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...howtopic=142649 for all the event details.

Thank you and we hope to see you all on the day!

We are now recruiting players for the 2nd efestivals Glastonbury World Cup in aid of WaterAid, which takes place on Thursday 24th June at 1pm.

on the Pyramid stage field.

Please go to /index.php?showtopic=142649">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...howtopic=142649 for all the event details.

Thank you and we hope to see you all on the day!

Edited by dvjj

I'll also quote this thread in case people don't look at the pinned ones. :P

The efestivals Glastonbury World Cup is back - and everyone's invited :P

Last years event saw prematch entertainment from Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs, then England romping to a 9-3 victory over the Rest of the World with the icing on the cake being Michael Eavis turning up to present the trophy! All that plus we raised over £3000 for WaterAid.

Once again me (England) and Chazeboy (Rest of the World) are organising the game and we are putting together two teams to take part.

This years 2nd efestivals Glastonbury World Cup in aid of WaterAid takes place on -

Thursday 24th June at 1 o'clock on the Pyramid stage field.

Hopefully with the real world cup being on and an England game on the big screen on the Wednesday there will be plenty of flags and supporters to hopefully beat last years excellent crowd (especially England's rowdy barmy army - who all piled on Englands goalkeeper at the end of the game!).

It will all kick off at 1pm with prematch entertainment from Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs who will be doing a 40 minute set.

After that, the big game will start with two teams of athletes brimming with sublime skill who will pit themselves against each other in a grudge match like no other.....well I can't promise that but I can promise a few overweight festie types kicking a ball about in grass so long you could lose Peter Crouch in it.

The game will then finish around 3 o'clock when once again the festival King himself Michael Eavis will present the trophy to the winning team.

WaterAid will again be on hand with collection buckets at the game as we hope to try and beat last years excellent total and try and secure donations equivalent to the cost of building three wells. Also people who can't make it to the event can make an online donation at http://www.justgiving.com/glastoworldcup2010/

Please come along and help support an event that we hope will become a Glastonbury tradition. Last years game got some great coverage on BBC, ITV, Worthy FM as well as the Q Glastonbury review magazine (who are once again sending Pat Gilbert down to play for the England team). We hope with your help and support and people digging deep with their donations we can have another brilliant event that we can all be proud of.

For details on signing up as a player/cheerleader or to help in any other way please see this thread:-

/index.php?showtopic=142650">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...howtopic=142650

Below are some photos and youtube videos from the game.

MEMEHOGG.jpg

SS850057.jpg

Glasto09098.jpg

">

F**king hell, how big is the pitch?!?

I will be the pitch side analyst - a sort of Andy Gray, but not Scottish therefore nowhere near as annoying. :P

I will be discussing the merits of the 'bees around a honeypot' formation.