• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another vote for Delphic...

plus:

Marina & the Diamonds

The XX

The Temper Trap

Mumford & Sons

so nothing groundbreakingly new I'm afraid !

I love these type of topics - it's how I found out about Florence & the Machine 2 years ago, way before all that hype :P

Keep 'em coming !

BTW - went to see Hot Chip last Tuesday, their new stuff is brilliant live.

• 2 weeks later...
A friend of mine got me the Band of Skulls album for my birthday. Not heard them before and very impressed. Properly getting into Midlake now, superb band.

Oh and time to pimp Mariachi El Bronx. Really hope that they play Glasto, i'm going to see them in May.

">

Islet from Cardiff are amazing. One of the best live bands I've seen in ages. They're quite mysterious though and don't really do the internet. There's a fan site here but there isn't much of their music online yet. Really hoping for a Glasto appearence but I doubt it will happen

Edited by Diamond Solitaire

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - my new favourite band. Would be lovely up at the Park on a sunny drunken day.

I made an effort to get to gigs of a few of the top 15 in the BBC's "Sound of 2010" as it's always a good guide.

I'd be keenest to see Delphic again. Really excellent gig and I think they'll create a good atmosphere in the JP.

Marina and the Diamonds was good - think she may well sneak an Other Stage slot.

Rox (who supported Marina) was excellent and would pe perfect on the Jazzworld in the afternoon.

I'm surprised there's not been much mention of Stornoway - they seem a good Glasto fit to me.

Owl City - enjoyable gig and I liked that lad but it felt poppier and younger than I expected. Would be a little more surprised to see him.

The Drums - Supported Delphic and already seemed a little big for their own boots. Would need to raise their game at Glasto IMO.

Others that I've been listening to on Spotify and would love to see turn-up at Glasto:

Band of Horses

Tap Tap

Broken Records

Everything Everything

Two Door Cinema Club

I'm sure a few of these names will feature.

A friend of mine got me the Band of Skulls album for my birthday. Not heard them before and very impressed. Properly getting into Midlake now, superb band.

Oh and time to pimp Mariachi El Bronx. Really hope that they play Glasto, i'm going to see them in May.

">