3 Headliners

Guest jonnyisRFC

hmm no need to dish out insults is there, I was giving an opinion which I think is very valid. didnt say the r/l crowd were stupid or any other insult but thre not the type of band the average r/l attendee listens to.

if your telling me the average r/l know lets say 5 arcade fire song I stand corrected, but sadly I dont think I will.

cant remember saying derogatory comments about r/l that are not valid, just giving personal opinion.

can I not say what I think of a festival and how the festival has gone downhill?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it's really good that there's a bit more curiosity around the headliners this year. If Guns & Roses don't get announced for Download tonight I reckon they're a lock (unless they do their own Hard Rock Calling day?). Blink are all but confirmed, the big question is 'Are MCR big enough to headline?'

In fairness, I couldn't name one Arcade Fire song, let alone five! All I know is that the songs I have heard I consider shite and not worth investigating further. That and they bored me to tears with their 2007 set, and I only saw the last 4-5 songs.

I hope they don't play, they're one of those bands that people seem to see as a badge of maturity (see also Radiohead) and as such seem to attract seriously pompous/condecending/pretentious fans who seem to think that if your taste differs from theirs (ie. You don't like said band) you are ignorant and don't understand music, which is just bullshit, and makes those pointing their finger look like the ignorant ones. I really can't be arsed having the same arguments as last year about a different band :P

Jay-Z ruled out because he's headlining Wireless, The rumour list and potential headliners is getting shorter everyday.

Download anouncement later as well

Anyone else who already got tickets getting worried? and with the lack of rumours making it worst

Where are these GnR rumours coming from?

I really don't like them. I have never been a fan, they have some good songs that everyone will know but they just don't appeal to me as a headliner. Anyone else feel this way?

I'm praying for something good to come on the announcment day because so far I'm getting the feeling the the festival is going to be weak higher up the bill.

I'll still no doubt be going as all of my friends will be. Download is looking more and more appealing to me, I think if todays download announcment is a good one then I may have to purchase before they sell out of tickets.

I'm sure FR have something up their sleeves though.

I think the GnRs headline rumour is because they doing another fest in europe?

A combination of either

blink 182, MCR, green Day

blink 182, GnR, Green Day

blink 182, gorillaz, foos

green day, blink 182, foos

Is that looking more likely everyday?

Blink could easily sub-head green day or foos

Where did the REM rumour come from?

What happens if DL announce blink 182 or green day? all the rumours for r&l are going down the pan

I hope FR have something up there sleeves they have for the past 2 years

Edited by craigb

I think the GnRs headline rumour is because they doing another fest in europe?

A combination of either

blink 182, MCR, green Day

blink 182, GnR, Green Day

blink 182, gorillaz, foos

green day, blink 182, foos

Is that looking more likely everyday?

Blink could easily sub-head green day or foos

Where did the REM rumour come from?

What happens if DL announce blink 182 or green day? all the rumours for r&l are going down the pan

I hope FR have something up there sleeves they have for the past 2 years

I hope it's not the Foos (unless the alternative is some dire indie band). Don't get me wrong, I love the Foos, but they would benefit from being on hiatus a bit longer, they've been about almost as much as Metallica these last few years, and they need time away to get people more excited about their appearances again. 2012 should be long enough, let the side projects have a little more time in the sun.

I'm thinking:

Blink 182_______________Gorillaz___________Soundgarden

Lostprophets___________Pendulum_________ Alice in Chains

Paramore______________Weezer_____________Incubus

Biffy Clyro________Them Crooked Vultures______Justice

No basis behind it, seems pretty solid though in my opinion, maybe GnR should be in there though because I am inclined to believe they'll play but yeh, thats my 2 cents (for now)

Edited by zeppelin

Haha i know what you mean but at the same time, i could find enough to watch with most of whats been posted

I jsut really think Gorillaz will play england somewhere, and surely due to the style of their set they'd need a headline slot (for darkness) and i can only see them being at IOW, Glasto, V or R/L

IOW - one headline slot left

Glasto - all headliners "announced"

V - generally assumed it's KOL & Kasabian - could be wrong there

which leaves reading, personally i think they'd be quite a good booking - show some inventiveness - although not sure if they're big enough to headline a festival without a large 2nd stage if you get me

But i reckon there will be some surprises... hopefully nice ones.

Where would arcade fire play? - meant to be playing bestival are they not?