3 Headliners

Guest jonnyisRFC

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to those bands or the people that like them but having those bands would destroy the festival's reputation, not regain it. Those are outdated, out of touch bands who seem to give mainly nostalgic enjoyment. I'm sure lots of people would love that lineup but it would destroy the festival's cred.

No offense to those bands or the people that like them but having those bands would destroy the festival's reputation, not regain it. Those are outdated, out of touch bands who seem to give mainly nostalgic enjoyment. I'm sure lots of people would love that lineup but it would destroy the festival's cred.
Edited by rexclark

Stop talking absolute shite. Arcade Fire have played Reading and Leeds twice and have been greatly recieved. In 2005 they got a massive crowd in the NME tent and in 07 they got a great slot and everyone loved it. Assuming the majority of the R&L crowd are stupid and won't "know f**k all" about Arcade Fire is just plain ignorant. I notice you post a hell of alot of derogatory posts about Reading and Leeds. Thats perfectly fine, this is an internet forum and is all about opinion, especially constructive criticism but just turning your nose up at a festival and the people that go to it makes you look like a dick.

There's surely a difference between attracting non trendies and attracting people with no taste in music! That is a lineup that may have been credible or popular maybe 10 years ago but that would go down a bomb with most people today, esspecialy the young audience R&L attracts. If you're talking about regaining the festival's reputation then they would be best getting a better mix of assured older acts and newer more alternative acts. Animal Collective, Flaming Lips, Daft Punk, Grizzly Bear, The Cure, R.E.M, Soundgarden etc not some glam/nu/hair metal has beens.

You've just went out and put a load of bands you like there in place of the band someone else suggested. Just because the festival has been more indie orientated in the last few years doesn't mean its an indie festival.

It's an alternative festival in which both lists of bands would be equally accepted nd enjoyed. If that was one day of the three day festival that would be awesome.

Imo it seems ur being swayed by the last few year when there has been a lot more indie than anything else, and thats a very ignorant thing to say. "If you don't like it why should they play" attitude!

Stop talking absolute shite. Arcade Fire have played Reading and Leeds twice and have been greatly recieved. In 2005 they got a massive crowd in the NME tent and in 07 they got a great slot and everyone loved it. Assuming the majority of the R&L crowd are stupid and won't "know f**k all" about Arcade Fire is just plain ignorant. I notice you post a hell of alot of derogatory posts about Reading and Leeds. Thats perfectly fine, this is an internet forum and is all about opinion, especially constructive criticism but just turning your nose up at a festival and the people that go to it makes you look like a dick.

Dont really look at much rumour websites to be honest, but i check this regularly. Any chance of dizzee rascal, pendulum, limp bizkit? (anywhere in the festival, not headlining lol) i've heard all the strong rumours such as blink etc but just wondering about these few artists.

Thanks

It's not being ignorant, it's being honest. Reading and Leeds is there for a young audience and it represents the most popular types of Alternative at that time (Alternative being used very loosly). The bands that were mentioned are not the type of bands that I think would be popular with today's audience, nor the two main sponsers of the festival (NME and Radio 1). The bands I mentioned are credible with today's audience, they weren't all indie.

I know they are credible with todays audience, but so are the bands that were mentioned before, but u dismissed them and suggested your list.

It's not just there for a younger audience at all, it just happens that the majority of people whogo are younger people. That is probably because its trendie to go to a festival coupled with the fact it sells out straight away because generally younger types often know when the tickets will be released before they go on sale.