3 Headliners

Guest jonnyisRFC

Soundgarden wont headline no way. I think MCR will and are big enough to headline...even more so than Blink-182 unless there new album gets released pretty soon so I think they will be joint headliners on a day. As for the indie day I think the person who said Gorillaz and Morrissey could be right. Sunday..well I think the stadium shows may count Green Day out so I think maybe Muse depending on how the glasto contact thing works???

It really is an open field this year apart from Blink playing somewhere near the top. God knows.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there enough time before tickets get released and line up confirmed? There is 6/7 weeks? To release the album, get a few decent singles out there that people like, and would want them to pay 180 to see them at a festival. If they do headline the organises need at least one massive band which isn't looking likely to play as well if they want to sell out as quick as it has done over last few years. Imo

Yeah Morrissey's album might not have done as well but still was able to sell reasonably well and reached number 3 in the charts, higher than any Soundgarden has and will do if they decide to do another. Also I think its common knowledge that Morrissey is much well known than Soundgarden in the U.K and I'd say easily has more of a legendary status and is still selling very good size venues with ease. I'd struggle to name another soundgarden track apart from Black hole sun and I'd expect many reading goers couldn't even name that one. They have no chance whatsoever of headlining and neither could Morrissey I don't think for that matter but could easily play second and would be bigger than most second bands from the past decade.

http://www.I'M A DESPERATE SPAMMER.com/reading-fe...al-2010/lineup/

They seem to think Guns are nailed on - there is also an article referencing this on their news page in relation to download. I honestly think that Green Day will be doing the staium dates only, and we could have the god awful prospect of blink, mcr and axl rose as our headliners - w*nk!

http://www.I'M A DESPERATE SPAMMER.com/reading-fe...al-2010/lineup/

They seem to think Guns are nailed on - there is also an article referencing this on their news page in relation to download. I honestly think that Green Day will be doing the staium dates only, and we could have the god awful prospect of blink, mcr and axl rose as our headliners - w*nk!