• Blink 182
    • My Chemical Romance
    • The Libertines
    • Them Crooked Vultures
    • Soundgarden
    • Pearl Jam
    • Not On List
    • Complete Left Field

Has it been confirmed that Them Crooked Vultures are actually making a second album? I was under the impression it was just a one off side project in between their proper bands.

Bit surprised that so many people reckon they've a good chance of headlining anyhow.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are going way ott about them crooked vultures. They may be talented musicians but you get talented musicians playing in the festival republic stage. The talent of the q.o.t.s.a and led zeppelin members isnt that relevant anyway because the reason they are even talked about as a headliner is because grohl is the big draw of the band. I personally think if you replace grohl with any other drummer worldwide they would struggle to make 4th headliner on the main stage despite the technical ability of the band. From watching them last year it was clear the crowd were there to see grohl and not the other 2. If people want to see grohl then the foos may as well play a greatest hits set.

A band selling out a tour quick is different to being a good headliner for a festival. A festival headliner should have some attraction for your casual fan and be able to play a few recognizable singles. Them crooked vultures have not had a succesfull album in the uk and I think most prospective festival goers would struggle to name a song that they play. Like arctic monkeys, radiohead and kol I think you would struggle to find a single person who coulld not name a song. Thats because these bands release albums which reach number 1 and have that mainstream appeal that a festival headliner should have

I think people are going way ott about them crooked vultures. They may be talented musicians but you get talented musicians playing in the festival republic stage. The talent of the q.o.t.s.a and led zeppelin members isnt that relevant anyway because the reason they are even talked about as a headliner is because grohl is the big draw of the band. I personally think if you replace grohl with any other drummer worldwide they would struggle to make 4th headliner on the main stage despite the technical ability of the band. From watching them last year it was clear the crowd were there to see grohl and not the other 2. If people want to see grohl then the foos may as well play a greatest hits set.

A band selling out a tour quick is different to being a good headliner for a festival. A festival headliner should have some attraction for your casual fan and be able to play a few recognizable singles. Them crooked vultures have not had a succesfull album in the uk and I think most prospective festival goers would struggle to name a song that they play. Like arctic monkeys, radiohead and kol I think you would struggle to find a single person who coulld not name a song. Thats because these bands release albums which reach number 1 and have that mainstream appeal that a festival headliner should have

I chose Green Day (Who I think are a guarantee), Foo Fighters (I just want them to) and MCR. However, I would love Muse to headline it'd be amazing. TCV don't have enough material to headline unless they do another album for next year which is unlikely. I think Blink should play 2nd headline to Green Day. I'd also love to see AC/DC, Meatloaf or Van Halen.

As far as other people go to play. Prodigy, Fall Out Boy, Newton Faulkner, Alien Ant Farm

I chose Green Day (Who I think are a guarantee), Foo Fighters (I just want them to) and MCR. However, I would love Muse to headline it'd be amazing. TCV don't have enough material to headline unless they do another album for next year which is unlikely. I think Blink should play 2nd headline to Green Day. I'd also love to see AC/DC, Meatloaf or Van Halen.

As far as other people go to play. Prodigy, Fall Out Boy, Newton Faulkner, Alien Ant Farm