Things that annoy you ?

Guest swede

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest musiclove123

But most people don't want to talk about any ailments, surely. They just want to get on with their lives and face the strains that they have to face. I suffer from depression but have no desire to thrust my views on the subject onto others other than those charged with dealing with the issue. Actually I don't even do that. I tend to take to the bed for a very long time.

Edited by musiclove123

I quite like the people who want the death penalty, but who are against prisoners being able to die of their own choice. Their stupidity at their own righteousness makes me laugh. A lot.

They should be brave enough to state what they really want, because true justice is consistent. And what they really want is to torture prisoners by doing the thing most against that prisoner's wishes.

Some people that are pro-death penalty and torture often bring Dubai being "really safe" due to their strict capital punishment etc but it's more due to social differences etc as to why the UK has a high crime rate and poor justice system which definately needs changing i believe and i think scandinavian/nordic countries have things in order and they are death penalty free (as far as i know, don't quote me on that last bit).

It's systematic and cultural. We are told that violence solves everything, implicitly and explicitly, while our rational minds are stunted from birth and left malnourished by a culture and educational system that fills our brains with useless shite. Monkey see, monkey do.

People who want the death penalty are psychopaths, they need to take a good hard look in the mirror.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Royal Mail redelivery system.

Packet got returned to the depot - which is a £5 return bus ride away on top of a 20 minute walk away at the other end.

I can spare half a day waiting in for redelivery, but they don't even let you choose morning/afternoon.

In the end, because it's cheaper than paying public transport and I can't spend a whole day waiting, I've got it redelivered to my local post office, for a fee of £1.50. Why does it cost money to send it to my local post office but not to my address? Infuriating.

yeah, that could work. Still don't like it though. Seems like a cop out for some people.

Enforced death penalty saving money is a myth though. Once you go through all the appeal processes, the US spends more money putting someone to death than it would cost to keep them in prison for the rest of their lives.

Eh, I don't think it's a choice that should be taken away from the person whose life it is. By committing atrocious acts they've lost their right to freedom - supposedly so they can't abuse their freedom to commit more, but that doesn't mean they've lost their right to decide whether to live or die.

Doesn't surprise me. Although IMO the financial side of it should be the lowest consideration.

Edited by AcademicPistol