Snow!

Guest chappiepunk

But it happens every year. I'd reckon the cost to the local economy caused by snow falling would far outweigh the cost of a couple of ploughs. Councils spend enough fannying around with the roads (digging them, putting speed bumps on them etc) I dont see why they can't have adequate measures in place to deal with heavy snowfall better.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it happens every year. I'd reckon the cost to the local economy caused by snow falling would far outweigh the cost of a couple of ploughs. Councils spend enough fannying around with the roads (digging them, putting speed bumps on them etc) I dont see why they can't have adequate measures in place to deal with heavy snowfall better.

there's still snowon the ground in hamilton but it's not snowing right now. it was so cold yesterday, some of the snow had turned to ice and eveywhere was really slippy. i love snow but just hate the hassle it causes. the trains get cancelled for a bit of rain so f**k knows what it'll be like if it keeps snowing.

I have this to get across tonight to get to the pub

4197332414_7cd0bdf0d9_o.jpg

or I could take the longer route along the road as they have cleared now

Not sure why Aberdeen is always favourite for a white xmas, it might be cold but we don't see a lot of rain in the NE of Scotland. We may well get a white xmas, but I would have thought other cities would be a better bet.

We've had a light flurry today but nothing lying on the ground.

Its getting the bob sleigh through the stiles thats the tricky bit :P

Was about to get ready to go when I looked out and its snowed again and the road covered, as I dont fancy being knocked down by an out of control 4x4 decided to stay in and start the case of wife beater that was on offer the other day and plan a lunchtime walk tomorrow instead.