The U2 warm up threads

Guest The Nal

Why does Wild Honey keep getting such a bad rap 'round these parts?? I love Wild Honey, think it's a great song. They won't play it mind you, or The Ground Beneath her Feet (which is my favourite on ATYCLB...though it's not really on it if you know what I mean)...In a Little While would do nicely though.

As for opening songs, I think wooders is right, everything says Breathe (which from their new material is a great opener), but if I had my choice I'd love them to belt out I will Follow...what a statement of intent that would be!. Or the other day I was thinking Discotheque would be good too....nice low key start with Bono singing alone, then Edge pops up with that riff, then Larry and Adam kick in and everyone dances like clowns...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Wild Honey keep getting such a bad rap 'round these parts?? I love Wild Honey, think it's a great song. They won't play it mind you, or The Ground Beneath her Feet (which is my favourite on ATYCLB...though it's not really on it if you know what I mean)...In a Little While would do nicely though.

As for opening songs, I think wooders is right, everything says Breathe (which from their new material is a great opener), but if I had my choice I'd love them to belt out I will Follow...what a statement of intent that would be!. Or the other day I was thinking Discotheque would be good too....nice low key start with Bono singing alone, then Edge pops up with that riff, then Larry and Adam kick in and everyone dances like clowns...

got off the bus early so i could walk in the sunshine home, the pod hits me with WTSHNN straight off.

decided to walk the long way home via the offy that stocks festy strength brothers

sat down now, with an ice cold brothers and the whole catalogue on shuffle.

i tell ya im a pig in shit!!

good night ahead

what a band

got off the bus early so i could walk in the sunshine home, the pod hits me with WTSHNN straight off.

decided to walk the long way home via the offy that stocks festy strength brothers

sat down now, with an ice cold brothers and the whole catalogue on shuffle.

i tell ya im a pig in shit!!

good night ahead

what a band

it looks like i might be walking past the pyramid at some point that U2 are playing, I'm hoping it coincides with them playing Sunday, Bloody Sunday.

However, i'm not waiting a whole set to see it. I'll just catch it on the highlights afterwards.

I'm very very very ill! Actually, i'm not really 'ill' at all so I feel a bit of a fraud being signed off work for 3 weeks - My back IS knackered though so no way i'd be able to do the amount of driving I normally do for work. I can lie and I can stand... sitting is a pain in the arse though (very much literally!) :P

A lovely sunny day - I was giving The Boy his morning milk and the wife put the iPod on shuffle. This came on, and I sang along accordingly:

In a little while

Surely you'll be mine

In a little while... I'll be there

In a little while

This hurt will hurt no more

I'll be home, love

When the night takes a deep breath

And the daylight has no air

If I crawl, if I come crawling home

WiIl you be there?

In a little while

I won't be blown by every breeze